Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Newbie July 2019 Ontario

Same sex couple

Kelly, on July 20, 2018 at 19:10 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
Is there anyone on here that is having a same sex wedding?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 23, 2018 at 15:42
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When entering our names, it does give the options of bride or groom. What did it show when you registered.
  • Kelly
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Tonight is the night that we find out if her company goes on strike. So wish us luck that it doesn't happen. Talk soon
    Kelly
  • Kelly
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Vinod
    Did you find that when you went to put groom and groom in weddingwire a lot of it said bride and groom? Not groom and groom or bride and bride. How did you manage not being able to put your soon to be husbands name in the app too?
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Having to push it back would be unfortunate - but look on the bright side... you could have more time to plan, and more time to save! Hopefully everything works out with your fiancés job!

On a side note, hopefully you find everything you need on this site! I feel as though everyone is on here for the same reason - planning a wedding and getting married to the one you love!
  • Kelly
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for welcoming me. My fiance's company might go on strike so I might be changing my wedding to 2020. It's not written in stone yet but I'm very sad about it.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've seen a few same sex couples on here! As someone mentioned I feel like some issues or things to share can be similar but I understand your reason for wanting to find somewhere more LGBQT focused! I feel all are very open and welcoming here I hope you can find what you need were all happy and excited to help!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is the best site for same sex couples i stumbled upon 3 years ago.

My husband and i got married last year and i came upon this site to get good use of budgeting, to do list and more.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No worries! And not that I know of... I just did a little Google search, and it shows that there may be some apps geared towards LGBTQ weddings specifically.

I have found many of the brides/grooms on the WeddingWire community encounter similar things as the hetero couples, or if they have unique questions, they just ask! For example, Genevieve reached out asking for LGBTQ+ Friendly Honeymoon Destinations.

Good luck!

• Kelly
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Brittany for the information. What I was wondering is if there is a seperate app for LGBTQ that is exactly like weddingwire but for same sex couples?
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen quite a few women on here talking about their girlfriends/fiancees! And one gentleman, married now, but he shares quite a bit.

There's some discussions speaking specifically about same sex marriages, such as: Same Sex Wedding Attire.

I also find the whole community is very open and welcoming, so any questions/concerns you have... we can try and help too!

Welcome to the community!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics