Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Theresa
Newbie August 2020 Ontario

Salad Bar or Pre-made Salad

Theresa, on February 5, 2020 at 10:19 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

We are having a buffet style pig roast for our dinner and I'm trying to decide whether to have pre-made Cesar salads or to have a salad bar with other options! We will also be having potato and macoroni salads pre-made of course.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Heidi, on February 10, 2020 at 08:01
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pre made, less work!
    Could even have 2 to choose from
  • Zoe Grace
    Beginner October 2023 Ontario
    Zoe Grace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Salad bar! This all sounds so yummy, and as someone who is particular about her salads I would appreciate the choice Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This sounds delicious! I think a salad bar is a great idea, some people are very picky about their salad toppings

• Kadi
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Kadi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing a pig roast as well. For sides I was thinking of having a few pre made salads (dressings in the side and pick your own dressing) then doing a potatoe bar as well for a side. The potatoe bar would include pre brakes potatoes with a section of sides for you to choose from. Such as sour cream, butter, grated cheese, bacon bits, green onion, and what ever else I can think of.
    To go along with this theme I am going to offer a deserted table but along with that a s'mors bar for when my guests are at the campfire.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would love to have available a salad bar.

You can do the prep of the veggies a couple of days before, store them in separate containers. Also find the dishes you will use and have serving utensils. If your up to it making salad dressing is fairly easy.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm with everyone else here, I would have the salad bar instead of premade.
    That way nothing gets soggy, people can choose their own amounts and types of dressing. It's also nicer if you have any vegan or vegetarian guests (ceasar dressing has egg in it, and usually topped with bacon and parmesan).
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The pick your own salad bar sounds like a great option because it can meet every guests tastes
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do the salad bar so people can pick and choose. not everyone loves caesar!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to be safe to have it as a buffet that you make your own. You would know your own guests, but some people may be either unable to eat bacon bits due to being vegetarian/vegan/religious, unable to eat croutons due to being celiac/allergic to gluten, and then you may just have people who are picky and want less dressing or more dressing.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With buffet style I think I'd keep things premade. It'll keep the lines moving a lot faster. Besides ceasar salad is so good!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics