Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Curious September 2023 Ontario

Rustic Toronto Venue Recommendations

Kris, on April 6, 2021 at 15:23 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Hello everyone!

My fiance and I were originally supposed to be married in 2020; then do to covid-19 it was pushed to 2021. We've now made the decision to push again to 2023 to err on the side of caution.

We had booked our venue and our vendors and everything was on track, but over the past year we we're having increasing levels of difficulty and unprofessional behaviour from our venue. There were enough shady conversations and circumstances that we decided to forfeit our deposit and start again with a new venue who carry themselves in more of a professional manner.
I am looking for recommendations on a rustic wedding venue in or around Toronto, and having an outside area would be a huge perk as we are both outdoorsy people and want to get married in nature! Any recommendations would be super appreciated!
Smiley smile

5 Comments

Latest activity by Christina, on April 12, 2021 at 16:37
  • C
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear you were having such a hard time with that venue. I don't know how far you're willing to go but there are some beautiful farms in Elora, ON! There is also a wedding planning company based in Fergus just about 10 mins from Elora called Ashley Spencer Events who currently has some Mini Wedding Packages available and they have some Farm venues listed on their website. A friend of mine just booked a package for next year. Hopefully that helps!
  • Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cambium Farms was beautiful and not too far out from Toronto. We went to see the venue, they have beautiful grounds and a stunning barn, I was really impressed. They also came across very professional and had great catering services to choose from.

Kortright is also lovely from what I've heard, my coworker was married there and she spoke very highly of it.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. One of my good friends got married there a few years ago pre-pandemic and had great things to say so it sucks that they've turned 180 in a crisis. And based on what she told me, it's hard to compare other venues to Fantasy Farms because of how low their cost was.

What problems did they give you, if you don't mind me asking? You can DM me if you want.

• K
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is awkward, but that was my former venue...horrible experience pretty much start to finish, a lot of red flags that we tried to overlook but it finally got to be too much.

Once restrictions lessen, I'm looking into Kortright as an option, but am hoping to have some other options as well.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fantasy Farms just off the Don River?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics