Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

RSVP missed deadlines

Joey, on July 4, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 19

How inconvenient is it when guests don't RSVP?! It's frustrating and rude! What is your plan for when guests don't get their RSVPs in on time? How much time did you leave yourself to chase up guests who forget to RSVPs?

RSVP missed deadlines 1

19 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on July 21, 2019 at 19:54
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope you stuck to your guns and don't allow people to RSVP late! We're currently 13 days from our wedding and still don't have the guest list finalized. FML Smiley sad

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is definitely something I'm not looking forward to, because I know exactly who will send in the RSVP on the deadline date or straight up forget!

Our deadline is September 1st but I'm thinking to give a nudge to those who haven't responded yet a week before our deadline. At the deadline, I'll give another nudge and a week after that if I haven't heard back, I'll mark as a no.

On the plus side, I'll be seeing some guests at my bridal shower/I do bbq on August 24 so if one of them is a late responder, I can ask about it then!

• Danielle
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most are just busy and trying to finalize their plans (babysitting etc). I sent out a friendly reminder to the few stragglers the week before and only had one to call a few days after.
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent out our Wedding Invitations in Oct-Nov sometime the deadline was April 15th, . I had that problem like oh I'll be there okay then send out the Invitation I'll be there, then change their minds after I ordered the food. I had 102 people and now only 95 so if anyone else gets hungry

close the the night there be extras . I don't put up with people like that I also exclude them any other events we have.

• Rosalind
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Rosalind ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't get mad about it! there are way more important things to worry about IMO-

i sent out STD's by email,

so already have them in a 'wedding guests' contact group,

if deadline on invites for RSVP isn't met by some, i'll send a straight-forward email stating that if i don't get a response from the email within 4 days, they are listed as not attending. no exceptions!

the people that don't reply likely wouldn't have come anyway, OR it's not enough of a priority to them and you likely would't want that kind of energy on your day anyway.

true family and true friends will find a way to RSVP o you.

.. also think it's stupid to make people 'officially' rsvp. BRIDES surely it's easier to take verbal/text RSVP's rather than hounding guests to put something in the mail or find a weird website.

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our deadline is August 1st. Considering the few RSVPs we don't have are for people who are being invited out of obligation, we'll get in touch on the 1st and then give Canada Post a week. If I haven't heard from them by the 10th, they'll be a no. Our menu will be dictated by the number of people attending so we can meet our minimums (fewer people = more courses at dinner) so we need to have final numbers by mid-August so we can finalize decisions.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our deadline is still a month away....but like...if you KNOW you're coming, how hard is it to send it in? Can't tell you how many people have said "well we're coming...". Then send the RSVP. It aint official til you tell me your dietary restrictions, okay?

And why is extended family the worst for RSVPing? 2/3 of our guest list hasn't responded and its mostly aunts, uncles, and cousins.

We've also had parents request to add people to the guest list, but we over invited a bit and need to get enough regrets before we add anybody. Can I ask contact people a month before the deadline and give them a nudge? or is that a no?

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine was Monday.. people suck haha

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am straight up telling people if they can't give me an answer by Monday we will have to mark them down as no. I am already frustrated with some of our guests, and I have more important things to do with my time haha. You are more gracious than I am.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My RSVP deadline was July 1st...

Still waiting on about 10 couples to get back to me.

Honestly July 2nd came around and I sent out a message to everyone that hadn't responded...

worst part is some people have read the message and did not respond... and another sent me a thumbs up.. what does that mean... are you coming or not haha.

We are giving it until tomorrow, and sending a final message to say if we do not hear by Monday, we will have to assume its a no.

I mean I still have a month before I have to have final numbers to catering.. wedding is August 24th... but they don't need to know that. I am already annoyed with people and do no want to chase when I have more important things to finish doing. So if you can't give me a straight answer... then too bad. I am making programs and etc too.. so I would like final numbers sooner rather than later.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I 've planned about 1 month to 3 weeks. I think I will have to chase down some of my cousins.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're giving ourselves about a month to chase down anyone that doesn't RSVP. But we also put on the invitation that if they don't RSVP by the date to "Please bring a chair and sandwich" haha

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m giving myself waaaaaay more time for RSVPs than “normal”. i’m hoping this means that the ones i have to chase down won’t be as frustrating.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our deadline was approximately 3 weeks ago and we chased everyone (by the following week). Most people were able to give us clear answers but there’s still some guests who are being difficult.
    After planning my own wedding, I’ll never be late with an RSVP again tho since it is a total pain in the ass to chase people down!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve given myself a little over 3 weeks before the final numbers need to be in. My invites are going out today so this will be interesting to see how many I have to chase down!
    You would think that giving people the address and stamp on the RSVP would make it easier to get it out that day or the next day at least!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be calling all of them within the week of the rsvp deadline as want to be able to give numbers to catering place soon as possible.

• Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3 weeks. But I don’t have a lot of people so I don’t see it being an issue. I’ll call them 2 days before for confirmation
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How appropriate! My RSVP deadline is tomorrow and I'm currently waiting on 148 replies out of 239....

I have my FH "reminding" his family and I will be making lots of calls tomorrow to my own family and our friends.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m giving myself a month to chase people down!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics