Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user November 2017 Ontario

Rose petals yes/no

Chris, on August 15, 2017 at 21:33 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 6

We are having a beach wedding and have a ring bearer but no flower girl as my friends with young girls' are not attending and/or not brining their children.

Should I have rose petals? If so, my future husbands cousin who is 13 is coming should I get her or is that too old? He is only having 3 family members attend so figured I could get her to do something to incorporate his family but not sure what.

Any suggestions?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 13:06
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had flower kids holding baskets with rose petals.

Rose petals yes/no 1
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is up to you :-) My mother's church refuses to allow any rose petals and that was a deal breaker for me. I always imagined having a flower girl throwing rose petals
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's totally up to you! If you want rose petals, you should have them Smiley heart

You can ask the 13 year old cousin, or even just have your planner or coordinator sprinkle the petals down the aisle before guests arrive or right before the processional!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can have rose petals no matter which way you go about it. If that is what you want, then go for it!! If you really want to ask your FH's cousin, then I would talk about it with him first.

• C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks this is a good idea too
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I would ask your FH if he wants you to incorporate her. I think 13 is a little older than the typical flower girl, but if both your FH and the girl want it, I'd say go for it! If you want the flower petals but not necessarily the flower girl, you could always lay them down beforehand.
    I've also seen a cute "flower grandma" trend...

Rose petals yes/no - 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics