Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Rope/ribbons for Handfasting Ceremony

Miav, on August 1, 2019 at 16:03 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4
Hi! We are looking into having a hand fasting ceremony! To anyone who is thinking or have done the same, where did you get the ropes/ribbons from? How many did you get? I've seen different kinds of ideas in Pinterest, from a single to multiple ribbons! Smiley laugh

4 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on August 16, 2019 at 06:21
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Miav! Did you check out Michaels yet? Have you decided what type of rope/ribbon you will use?

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the tip! I've been seeing lots and lots of kinds of ribbons in Etsy too. But I guess the Michaels option is the most budget friendly Smiley smile

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely talk to you officiant as some do one length of ribbon and others do multiple ribbons. We're using a strip of my family tartan for ours. A wider ribbon from Michaels or another craft/fabric store will also do the trick. Our officiant suggested about a metre long, but your officiant may have different thoughts. Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Roll of ribbon would be enough if you want to use more of it or vice versa for less amount just to cover the hands.

Rope would be thicker and have more coverage considering the size of your hands together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics