Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick

Risk vs. reward/threat assessment :p

Amanda, on September 25, 2018 at 09:23 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Ok. So I'm 4 days out. And I'm scouting photo locations and thinking of poses. I'm getting ready at my mother's and her house is in a new neighbourhood that overlooks a golf course/the highway in the distance (ie: lots of "wide expanse" shots possible)
So... I'm looking in her backyard, and where there is no development right beside her there's these fabulous "wild" looking tall grasses.
All I can picture is a fabulous shot of (you guessed it) ME, in my dress with my bouquet it my own little world in the tall grass (I'm getting a bit of a boho vibe from it) like... The contrast alone would be great
Anyway... My question is... Would you guys do this? The practical side of me is saying... Ticks, various disease carrying insects, but the bridezilla is saying "But the PICTURE!"
so ultimate, on a scale from 1-10 how stupid am I being?

Risk vs. reward/threat assessment :p 1

6 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on September 26, 2018 at 07:51
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would pop on a tall, sturdy pair of boots and go for it!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should definitely go for the shot! Why the heck not? Like the others said - just make sure you wear boots and don't snag your dress on anything Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do the shot, but wear leggings/boats so that you are better protected.

Tick activity is relatively low August/September, but starts up right before winter unfortunately. However, with the leggings, you'll notice them before they get to your back and your dress should contrast them too, just have your bridal party check it over once the shot is done. You'll be dealing with adults vs. larvae which are usually bigger/easier to spot as well. Have someone carry some tweezers just in case!

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OMG. THOSE ARE GREAT IDEAS! Thanks girls!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would totally do it. or at least get just far enough into that the photographer can make it appear/take the shot you are all the way in. maybe for that shot. make sure you wearing rubber boots or something. and get your girls to fluff/brush out your dress after.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope to get this sort of shot for my wedding, but doubt it'll be possible (unless we can find some awesome tall grasses that weren't crushed by all the Alberta snow!).

I say get the shot - Peak season for ticks in Atlantic Canada is May/June and October/November. The chances of coming into contact with a tick are relatively low in September. One thought is to wear a pair of leggings and boots while getting the pictures - you won't see them in the shot, but they will protect your legs enough to help prevent latching on, and even if they do, you'll be able to see them right away.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics