Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Futuremrsdumontel
Newbie September 2023 Saskatchewan

Rink boards cover-up

Futuremrsdumontel, on August 27, 2021 at 20:30 Posted in DIY 0 2
Hey ladies, we are planning to have our reception/dance in a skating rink as it’s one of the only places that would be big enough (our guest count will be nearing 400). However, I’m really not liking the idea of having the beat up, stark white boards going around the whole space. Does anyone have any affordable ideas of what I could do to cover these up? Or hide them?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Marissa, on August 28, 2021 at 08:08
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure if there is a cheap solution, but I used to figure skate and I swear the rink would cover up the boards for ice shows with things like these fabric covers:
    https://www.georgiaexpo.com/product/dasher-board-skirting-covers/.
    If your rink already hosts alternative events like yours, they might already have board covers in storage. Maybe you could ask if you could use them for free or rent them? Or, ask other local rinks/figure skating clubs where they rent them.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For a space that large, nothing that covers it up will really be affordable. Whether it's pipe and drape or flowers, whatever you use to cover it up will be costly due to the labour and the amount of coverage you require.

An alternative would be to embrace it and enhance the wood panel look with a theme. You can go classic with some rustic decor to compliment the wood. If you and the fiance are into hockey, that's a great theme to incorporate.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics