Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Ring warming

Jen, on April 25, 2018 at 12:38 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 18

What special elements are you adding into your ceremony to incorporate your loved ones into it? We had a meeting with our officiant and she brought up doing a ring warming as a part of our ceremony! She will have one of the groomsmen hand a box to a guest in the back who will then pass it around to the other guests in the crowd until it meets the front. These people then have the chance to bless your rings with their warm wishes for a lifetime of happiness together. We don't have family members doing any readings so we will be incorporating this into our ceremony Smiley smile Click on the hyperlink below to watch a brief video!

Ring warming

Ring warmingRing warming 1

18 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on April 30, 2018 at 10:31
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww that is so sweet!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You could put the rings on a stand somewhere for everybody to touch as they're coming into your ceremony space!

• April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I participated in this once. When the rings got to me, they were so full of energy honestly, I could feel it. I wasn't prepared for it, and I burst out crying! (but in a good way) Its a really wonderful way to incorporate family and friends into the ceremony!

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is such a great idea! I would love to incorporate something like this, but I am not sure how long it would take to pass the rings around to over 100 people. Maybe keeping it to parents would work better in my case.

We are doing a love letter ceremony. We are going to write each other letters, then place them in a box with a bottle of wine. On our first anniversary, we get to open the bottle and read the letters then replace them with newly written ones.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great idea! I might incorporate something like this now!
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The ring warming is such a beautiful idea.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this idea!! We had the organist at our wedding play "Joy to the World" for our recessional song - it was the same song my parents used! Smiley heart

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOOOOOOVE this idea!!! I have never heard of it!!!!

So cute... I think I might need to!

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our officiant suggested this too! Super cute idea. We don't have anything specific to incorporate our guests, but we are doing a handfasting to pay tribute to my Irish heritage.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The ring warming is such a super cute idea! I love this.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a very sweet idea! I'm sure everyone will have lovely things to wish upon your rings for your future happiness Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I seen this on a television show I think it was Four Weddings I thought it was the sweetest idea
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Going to try and keep it a surprise Smiley smile
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw, that’s really sweet! Are you going to tell them you are doing that or will it be a surprise?
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we’re going to do a special thank you to our parents and had out a rose to them at the start of the ceremony. Out officiant will say something like,

Today Jennifer and Brady proclaim their love and commitment to the world. Jennifer and Brady want to make special recognition of their parents for making today possible. Thank you moms and dads for giving us a wonderful beginning.”

Ring warming 2
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, I get that! It’s not for everyone! We’re pretty excited about it. It has a faith component too because Jesus washed his disciples’ feet, so that makes it really special for us.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is sweet, but I could never do it lol feet gross my out so much. It's from working in the healthcare field though.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s an interesting idea! I’ve never heard of that. We don’t have anything special to incorporate our guests, but we will be doing a feet washing ceremony. It’s a symbol of humility and service for us to begin our marriage by washing each other’s feet.

Ring warming 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics