Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Ring colours

Chelsea, on November 17, 2016 at 17:34 Posted in Before the wedding 0 29

Hello lovely ladies! I got my wedding band in today and I was browsing for rings for my FH and it made me think of a fun discussion topic! I never realized how many colours there actually were for engagement rings and wedding bands!
What colour do you like the best of these rings???

White gold ring

White gold ring

Two-tone ring

Two-tone ring

yellow gold ring

yellow gold ring

tri-tone ring

tri-tone ring

rose gold ring

rose gold ring

sterling silver ring

sterling silver ring

What colour is your ring?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Delchoob, on October 5, 2022 at 18:08
  • Delchoob
    Newbie June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Delchoob ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like yellow gold because I associate it with a rich life. But white gold, despite its beauty and attractiveness, does not appeal to me so much because it is somewhat similar to silver, and silver is a cheap material for making jewelry. However, I remember the first time I gave my boyfriend a few mood rings he wanted. If someone does not know what mood rings are, then read about them on this site -- https://www.moodringcolors.com/pages/mood-ring-color-meanings . I think it will be interesting for people fond of jewelry.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really! Wow! That's amazing!!!! Perfect then!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much !

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The jeweller we are working with said it is absoloutly no problem down the road for any adjustments or additions ... because I was worried about this .. and he said technology has come a very long way and nothing is impossible anymore lol

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your ring is absolutely beautiful!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It would be very meaningful but as we get older our hands swell and change (depressing lol ) and if you soder all 3 and that happens you won't be able to wear all 3. Instead of maybe just removing 1 ring etc. Just a thought....Smiley smile
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have just found classic simple white gold bands. Nothing very interesting as he isn't one for any diamonds or the different type of rings that are black or anything like that.

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The rose gold is a beautiful colour!!!! I also think that is a really neat idea and I love that the jeweller is designing one for you. My FH originally wanted to design a ring for me but buying one as is was the better option for us!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that you have to different colours and have a ring from your FH's side! I never hear those stories anymore about a ring being passed down!!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the same way! Not so much traditional!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree! White gold is 100% more for me!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree the wait till be nice.. and something to look forward to .. once i have them all together I think I will get htem sodered together so they are completely together forever .. will even be that much more meaningful I thinkSmiley heart

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love it!!!!!!!! My friend opted for a jacket as well and it's stunning on her too! I think it will look amazing with your ring!!! If people are always around you in sunglasses you'll know why ! Lol And I think tradition is great! So it will be nice to hold out, in an age where we get everything we want right away! Some anticipation is good! Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like the perfect fit for you to me and it will be completely unique to you! my ring I have chosen a jacket for it ... so two bands ,, one i will get on our wedding day and the other I will get on our 1 year anniversary .. We have both my bands now .. I am not allowed near them because my mom has it stuck in my FH head that it is bad luck if they go on my finger after they leave the jellwery store ... so here is a picture off the website I will have 2 of these that comeplete the jacket just have to wait a whole year to get the second one .. but in the tradition it means the marriage has survived the first year and has made us strong and the second band seals the complete set... I dunno my FH liked it lol

My Wedding Bands x2

My Wedding Bands x2

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhh thank you! I have to say I love it too! It will just be a simple band, thin, cause I have super small fingers lol, and half the band will be yellow or rose and the other white gold.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

that would look beauitful What you describe for your band !! I say it is a must do !! your ring is stunning !!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beautiful ring Natasha! I love mine too but when I wear my gold jewellery I wish my ring had a bit of yellow or rose gold to match more! All about co ordinating my outfits lol So that's why I thought I would make half my wedding band yellow or rose gold. Here's mine!

Ring colours - 1
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a white gold girl all the way ! here is my ring

Ring colours - 1

Ring colours - 2

Ring colours - 3
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you kidding ?! Haha no way he just wants plain and simple. If it was up to him he wouldn't wear one haha he doesn't like jewellery at all.Not even watches! Imagine how hard it is to buy gifts for him? Yikes! I struggle every year! Smiley smile
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds beautiful Lisa!! Smiley love I can't wait to see pictures!! That looks so unique! Will your FH's band be the same as well (in yellow / rose, and white gold)? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! It's so great that you have a family souvenir always with you! It must have meant so much to him for you to have it! Smiley love Did he propose with both the band and engagement ring? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi dear! I love the style! Very classic! What does you engagement ring look like? Smiley love Is it silver or white gold?

You should take a look at this post, many brides also chose silver: Show off your ring!!

How's yours like? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Chelsea! I love this post!!! I think my favourite is the rose gold wedding, I think it's very pretty and unique! The "Before the wedding" is actually a good group to post about wedding rings Smiley smile The white gold is absolutely gorgeous as well! I love your ring! You must be looking at it all the time! Smiley love What interesting wedding bands have you found for your FH? Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the 2 tone! I wear both silver and gold quite often!Our wedding bands are going to be simple bands (my centre of my engagement ring is different so I want my wedding band to help make the centre stand out more!) My jeweller is designing my wedding band for me with half the band is yellow or rose gold, and the other half in white gold, so depending on what I'm wearing I can just turn it!
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are all beautiful... Makes me want to show mine off... E ring white gold, band yellow/Rose gold was his great grandmothers... Fortunately they stack.

Ring colours - 1
  • J
    Newbie May 2017 Alberta
    Jeniffer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not much of a traditional gold girl so I sway more towards white gold or silver.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooo the tritone is fun! I've never seen that before. We went with white gold for my ring set. I will wear yellow gold on occasion but white gold goes with more for me.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like yellow gold the most as both my engagement ring and wedding band.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two things - I mean to put this in the wedding fashion group, it appears I clicked the wrong button and it wont let me change it lol.

The second thing is my ring set is white gold! It has always been my favourite! The two tone is actually really nice as well but my heart has always been set on white gold!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics