Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Expert September 2018 British Columbia

Rhodium Plating in Vancouver

Kim, on March 15, 2018 at 11:32 Posted in British Columbia 0 2

Does anyone know a place in the Vancouver/Burnaby area that doesn't take *weeks* to do a rhodium dip? My jeweler told me two to three weeks ("although lately it's been closer to 10 days"). Not sure I can live without my ring for that long *laughs*. I found a place in Richmond that said five days, but they were a lot more expensive.

I was hoping to find someone who does it on site so it didn't take quite so long.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on March 28, 2018 at 10:24
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I needed my wedding band resized and went to Harlings Jewellers in downtown Vancouver. Took about 3 days for resizing plus rhodium plating. They do everything in house instead of shipping it away, so it's faster.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kim! I have to get my ring re-plated from time to time too. I can't speak to your area but taking two weeks for plating to be complete doesn't sound unusual to me at all. Whereas a cleaning can be done in store replating almost always has to be sent away to be done, so you have to add in mailing time to the estimate. If you are worried about it not coming back in time I'd go ahead and have it done about a month before your wedding, that gives you a buffer if they take the full three weeks but isn't so early that it'll start to tarnish again before your wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics