Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Restaurant buyouts

Linzer, on January 20, 2017 at 21:21 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14
Hi friends! Looking for those who aren't going the traditional wedding venue route (hall, golf course etc.) and have decided to do a restaurant buyout for their reception. Would you mind sharing some of the pricing and contract details to help a fellow bride-to-be out?
Just trying to get some perspective on the quotes I've been handed!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Linzer, on January 28, 2017 at 20:58
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg Cheese factory hahah I would be the happiest girl!
    I was talking with my coworker who has literally been to dozens and dozens of weddings already at the ripe old age of 27 and she's actually just so excited to go to a wedding that isn't at one of the generic wedding halls in the GTA, and someplace new. (Apparently Thornhill Jewish girls all do the exact. Same. Wedding.) I hope I can live up to her hype!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YUP! everything you said speaks to my soul! I'm all about the offbeat locations to jazz things up. Not that I disagree with those who want the traditional feel, just not my jam (and FH would have us get married in a chesse factory in costume or some other insane thing if he could, so.....had to go non-tradtional)

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not going to lie, pretty stoked to have both ceremony and reception venues done and knowing that the catering and booze part will be worked out too!
    I also really like the space so I don't have to do a ton of decorations. Most importantly it doesn't have the "banquet hall " feel I dislike. I was watching 4 Weddings today and hated 3/4 of the venues simply because they screamed "generic wedding hall ". So not our vibe! (I feel like not yours either considering you wedding plans haha)
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a good deal! Wewill be spending more then our minimum, but the whole place would have been over kill.

Your Cafe is adorable, I'm loving the windows and stained wood- and lucky you get the whole place to yourselves! You must be pleased to have that off the list

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's helpful Melissa thanks!
    Cafe Belong is pretty tiny so sadly for us full buy out is the only option.
    We did end up getting the buyout rate reduced to 8k and a special rate on everything that includes. Yayyy! ;D
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am constantly late responding to things lately....UGH work!

We decided against a full buyout for our reception, because while the minimum spent to buyout was low (12,000) the space would have been HUGE for the number of guests we are having. It would have been empty and awkward for sure.

We are just booking private access to the second floor, which is still beautiful, has windows and skylights and a private bar....all we need, and appropriate space for out 80-100 people.

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think lots of floral and greenery, probably some fairy lights and candles to compliment to exposed brick. There's tons of light though which is great.
    There's also the patio!

Restaurant  buyouts - 1

Restaurant  buyouts - 2
  • Joanne
    Curious May 2017 Ontario
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its called Aria Bistro. The first pic with the long table is where we're having our dinner post reception. The second pic shows our bar and dancefloor. They clear out the chairs and tables to get it ready for dancing. The bar and dancefloor are together, which I love.

Restaurant  buyouts 1

Restaurant  buyouts - 1
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like an amazing deal Joanne! How's your venue called? Smiley smile Do you have pictures?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a lovely place Lindsey! Smiley love What type of decor would you like to go for? That's a lovely modern style! Let us know how it goes! Smiley heart

• Joanne
    Curious May 2017 Ontario
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It looks like were having very similar weddings. I'm getting married at a historic mansion turned bistro in downtown Brampton. We didn't buy out the whole restaurant, our wedding is on one level of the restaurant. The pricing was similar to a banquet hall without the added cake cutting fees, DJ set up fees etc. They also added 18% gratuity to my contract which I like because I dont have to guess how much to tip. I have my own coordinator who has been working with me throughout the planning process. We are having the ceremony there as well. I decided on a small family only ceremony with a family dinner afterwards. Then we are having a large cocktail reception later in the evening with food stations and passed around hors d'oeuvres. We paid extra per person for the dinner on top of the per plate fee for the cocktail reception which makes sense because its extra food and service. The hors d'oeuvres at our wedding will be continually served throughout the night with a sweet table starting at 10:30 pm.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Melissa is also renting out a restaurant for her reception!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is an awesome space! We used the 2nd floor of a restaurant for our reception. I'll message you the details!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bonus shots of my reception venue! I'm getting this baby come hell or high water I just don't want to be gouged and I'm luckily in a place to do some negotiations.

Restaurant  buyouts - 1

Restaurant  buyouts - 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics