Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Beginner July 2018 Alberta

Response time

Amelia, on July 19, 2017 at 00:19 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16
Usually how long does it take for a venue to get back to you with a quote. I feel like I'm in limbo waiting. How long did it take for people to respond to you?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Ranaaaaaa, on August 10, 2017 at 13:06
  • R
    Curious December 2017 Ontario
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amelia,

I usually call them and ask if they have the date I have in mind available, if they didn't I knew not to waste my time and if they do you can ask to speak with someone or leave your contact details.

I was very lucky and had my vendors reply within 48 hours.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If a vendor makes me wait longer than a week for a response I move onto a different one, unless it's something I really want... then I become annoying and bombard them with phone calls and emails lol

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A couple weeks, but they emailed us right away to say it would take a couple weeks.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some were better than others for us. Some later that day, Some I don't think we ever got a response?

One thing I worried about, was if a place takes so long getting back to you on a quote... how will they be to deal with when planning the whole ordeal? So stressful!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with you on this one. We've had issues where we've waited multiple weeks for our florist to get back to us. Yes, I understand that it is very busy during peak season (I have worked in the floral industry and know all too well what it's like) but when they have time to make several posts daily on social media then we have a problem. Because of this, even though we've given a deposit to that florist, we've decided to meet with another today to explore our options. Also helps give us an idea of who has better prices in town. Their work is pretty much the same so I'm not too concerned about that. I honestly wouldn't give them more than a week. If they don't respond, move on, or state in another email that you'd like to get the ball rolling with planning and were hoping for a more timely response.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It shouldn't take that long. If venues had good customer service they should be on top of the game. hope you find a venue that's perfect for your special day!!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We drove directly to the various venues and got prices so for us it was immediate. When we chose one we liked, they got back to us in about a week.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! It's my first wedding, I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm bound to have hundreds of questions. Wedding planning is stressful enough without playing phone tag with a venue.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No I completely agree, most places require at least a year in advance and if they don't respond in time then they've already pushed the day back. And my date is set in stone.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had two florist that I had requested information from at the beginning of May just respond to me a week ago. One was a no and one responded that they charge $50 for a quote. I booked my florist at the end of May. Some vendors haven't didn't ever respond. I just go with what I have and make a decision from there.

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most places have packages that they send within 48 hours. If you've asked for something specific, it can take around 2 weeks, in my experience.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like anything more than a week is unacceptable. They can at least respond with, "i can get back to you by x time". I didn't have a hard time hearing back because I made my inquiries in January which I sure was not as busy for them.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This time of the year is VERY busy for vendors. It will take a whole lot of patience when contacting vendors between now and the next few months. Ive had a few vendors tell me it will be early august before they can come back with a quote for me as they are very busy. Just have patience, they will eventually get back.
  • Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a venue take over a month to respond...but once a venue didn't respond within a few days I automatically took them off the list of potentials. I didn't want to always be waiting forever every time I have a question.
  • Natalie
    Curious June 2017 Quebec
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The longest I've ever waited was a week. I think in this day and age, that is more than enough time to respond. Lol maybe i'm a bit impatient at times, but when I had no response after 1 week, I immediately went exploring for other options for my vendors because I wanted to avoid problems in the future. For me, tardy responses or lack thereof was a sign of unprofessionalism. Now obviously, the vendor doesn't owe me anything and maybe they have good reasons, but customer care was high on my priority list.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hate when vendors dont get back to me! But I also understand It's high season for venues right now as it's the peak of wedding season. If venus were super available at this time of year I would be questioning why!!!. Don't get me wrong It's annoying when they don't respond! If they don't get back to me in say October when wedding season is dying down, then I would write them off, but in high season for weddings you are more likely to get responses tues-thirsday. So try to message them early in the week instead of weekends or late week. Most banquet hall's are closed Monday as well as they are usually open all weekend. Hope that helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics