Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted September 2022 Ontario

Rehearsal Dinner problems

Meghan, on July 14, 2022 at 10:50 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

We have called soooooo many restaurants to host our rehearsal dinner the friday night before our wedding and no one wants to take us!! i'm at a loss and don't know what to do! a brunch after the wedding is not an option because we have to help clean up our venue. Has this happened to anyone? what did you end up doing? TIA

8 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on July 15, 2022 at 17:09
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would try calling places with private party rooms.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You wouldn't by chance live in Ottawa I know a few restaurants I have pull from, from working in the hotel industry.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there,

My family snuck in a reservation at a pub with a very large patio and indoor seating area. They typically do not take reservations for the patio section but since we are thinking there will be about 20 people they made an exception. I think a more causal dining place might take you in. Also, it might be helpful to mention we are having our wedding on a Friday so the rehearsal dinner is on a Thursday night (less busy of a night).
    My other suggestion is have my mom talk on your behalf, she is such a good-getter and hard to say no to. Half joking but my mom is an amazing person.
    I hope things work out and you find the place you like!
    Steph
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats what i'm saying I worked at a restaurant for 11 years and we did large parties and anytime all the time! This is why i'm not understanding why no one wants to take us!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No nothing specific we have called multiple family restaurants and pubs and they don't want to accommodate 35 people

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you looking for a certain type of restaurant? Perhaps a pub could accommodate a group versus fine dining?
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are booking an Airbnb to stay at for the wedding so we are having a bbq there for the dinner rehearsal! It was a way for us to cut costs of going to a restaurant. But maybe there’s someone you know who would be willing to host your rehearsal? You can make it as fancy or as casual as you’d like!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know a lot of restaurants on a Friday night is their biggest night at making money, maybe see if they would accommodate on Thursday or see if they can sit you at an earlier time. They would be stupid not to book you in as you would be a money maker.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics