Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

Rehearsal Dinner Food

Courtney, on June 28, 2018 at 18:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

I need your guys' big brains.

What Rehearsal dinner food can I cater in. My MIL suggest greek food. Any other ideas that aren't crazy expensive and fairly easy?

My FH wanted to BBQ burgers.. but I think that may be a mistake as he'll want to relax and we can't serve JUST burgers.

About 25 people.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on June 29, 2018 at 20:34
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we’re just going to do pizza. Greek is a good idea or Chinese.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Get bbq catered in. ribs/pulled pork/slaw/salads.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend and MOH got married last summer and they had a barbeque at their house after the rehearsal. They had a family member doing the grilling while we were at the venue and so when we came back it was all ready - this way everyone just served themselves and hung out.

They did a costco trip so had all the big potato/macaroni and caesar salads and also bought a big batch of corn on the cob, cut them in half and had them boiling in a large pot. For dessert they just had one of those big yummy sheet cakes from costco. They had a few cases of pop, water, lemonade etc and just let everyone know in advance it was BYOB

Honestly we all had a great time and it was still fairly relaxing. I think there was about the same amount of people

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pizza or a potluck might be a good idea. You guys could supply the meat and everyone else can bring sides or dessert.

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have any food trucks in your area, they are a great source for food on a budget, and then you can do like a side table with finger foods to accompany whatever you decide the food truck will be serving
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bbq is a great idea! You can order some salads from a grocery store and have some fruit, veggie, cheese, and meat platters out and just have a casual night. He can do the burgers but still have a good chance to relax!
  • R
    Newbie June 2019 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could look up places near you that cater which will give you options and you can compare prices. As for a BBQ you could still do that without burgers if you want a fancier rehearsal dinner.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pickle barrel has some delicious platters that are reasonably priced! And they have a variety of options
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sandwiches catered by Panera. Assorted would be a good way for everyone to choose from the platter. You don't have anything to do as its easy to sit and enjoy. Fruit and veg platters can also be served.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing pizza for our rehearsal dinner. Burgers are a good idea, maybe you should pre cook them and leave them in a warmer so your FH can relax and enjoy the dinner. Then have some finger foods for sides (veggie and dip try, etc...).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics