Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2020 British Columbia

Rehearsal dinner - destination

Krystal, on December 8, 2019 at 19:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Hi everyone!
We are getting married in the neighbouring province to us, and everyone is from out of town. It’s like a mini destination wedding.
For rehearsal dinner, is the etiquette that everyone is invited? We were thinking of just getting a bunch of pizza and drinks, and leaving the invitation out there to everyone who would want to stop by. A way for everyone to mingle and such before the wedding. Is this a good idea or should we just stick to the wedding party and parents attending??

8 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on January 1, 2020 at 16:59
  • L
    Curious June 2020 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my Lebanese family, we have something called the “groom’s dinner” which is a dinner the night before the wedding for all of the out-of-town guests. It seems though that all of our guests are out-of-town so I’m not sure if that’s feasible for you. The rehearsal dinner is usually just for bridal party and immediate family.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nooo dont invite everyone that will be too much. normally you just invite your wedding party and immediate family and do a walk through of the entire day. i think it will be too much if you have everyone attend.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that given that it's only one province over that it would be fine to just stick to the immediate family and wedding party. If it doesn't matter that much financially then I say "why not?" though.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s up to you and how you want to handle it. We’re travelling back for ours and it’s just going to be party and parents just because we don’t want to have to rally people for another night
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding sounds similar to yours. We are from Manitoba and were married in Alberta. We had a sit down rehearsal dinner and invited the wedding party and their partners, but the option you have also sounds like a great idea!

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As per ettiquette, out of town guests are invited to the rehearsal dinner. I think inviting everyone and making it a welcome dinner would be appreciated.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Typically, you only invite the people who are involved in the ceremony. For us; that’s us, our parents, our bridal party, and some cousins who are doing readings for us.

Realistically, you can invite whoever you want though - if you want to host a big party.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can invite anyone you like to rehearsal dinner. Lots of people make it an informal gathering before the wedding. Sounds like fun.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics