Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Heather
Curious September 2022 Ontario

Rehearsal dinner

Heather, on September 8, 2022 at 17:29 Posted in Before the wedding 0 19
What is everyone doing for a rehearsal dinner? Yikes, still trying to decide and the wedding is in 15 more sleeps lol

19 Comments

Latest activity by Belle, on November 25, 2022 at 19:59
  • Belle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Belle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a snacky type deal, I plan to be too tired to do anything else lol So like a giant table of snacks and finger foods... as we will be setting up the area after the rehearsal, so its nice and easy and we can snack as we go

• Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that sounds like a great idea
  • L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding isn't for another 10 months but we're having it at my in-laws' place. We'll set up tables and chairs and have beef on a bun/drinks. They have a nice big backyard in the country so it's a really nice spot!

• Elizabeth12
    Curious February 2023 Ontario
    Elizabeth12 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we are going to have the rehearsal at home. We are getting married in front of a fireplace, so we will use our fireplace as the marker. We will likely cater it...thinking middle eastern food.
  • Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just made a reservation at a restaurant, they offered us a private room & we invited wedding party and their partners. Nothing too big or heavy and early enough that we can all head back to the hotel afterwards to TRY and get a good rest before the big day

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our Venue package includes a rehearsal dinner for up to 25ppl but I believe we are opting out of it. We have a very small wedding party (BM & MOH) and all our guests are out of town. I don't have the heart to tell anyone to drive an hour & half for it.

• Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks, that's what we have finally decided on.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a BBQ dinner in a back yard. Less stress more mingling.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a regular dinner at a restaurant is fine. Definitely no need for a big venue party unless you want to. Just book a few tables at a local spot within your budget that's near the ceremony venue and you're set. And because your group is so small, maybe even a catered house party would work.

We didn't have one because of covid and there were restrictions for indoor dining or people felt iffy about it. But if things were fine, I would've treated the family and crew to a dim sum meal.

• Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agree.
    I think since it's a small wedding to begin with, we will do a bbq at our house after rehearsal.
  • Lisshaa
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Lisshaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s sounds very reasonable! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually did a rehersal brunch! We did our rehearsal ceremony in the late morning then went to my MILs house for brunch!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's honestly not nessasary imo. We had our rehearsal in the morning before the wedding and then everyone did what they wanted to do the rest of the day.
  • Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really like that idea.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having a bbq at our Airbnb! We are grabbing food at Costco! Real casual 😊
  • Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were thing it was a way to thank everyone who has helped us put our thoughts and dreams together. And my finances adult girls live 45 mins away, so after the rehearsal we should feed them lol
  • Lisshaa
    Lisshaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love and is curious about this idea! If I may ask kindly, what drawn you and your fiancé to this decision ?

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided against one
  • Lisshaa
    Lisshaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I believe it depends on your Ideas and vision for your wedding. If you rather something small and intimate try hosting at your home or a family members home. If you want something more extravagant and spacious try for a hall or rent out a larger space on Airbnb. The safe bet is you can always opt for a large group dinner as that will save you from implementing a lot of decorations

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics