Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alessia
Newbie April 2020 Ontario

Refund

Alessia, on July 9, 2020 at 11:08 Posted in Ontario 0 5

Hello Everyone! ,

I wanted to see if anyone has requested a refund with Peter and Paul event spaces? We had to postpone our wedding twice and now we just want to cancel our wedding. Please tell you thoughts and your message you sent to them

5 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on July 13, 2020 at 18:16
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glad to hear it worked out for you. There have been a lot of reports on them charging in-season rates and minimums on off-season dates.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No we didn't because they honored our current pricing for our date in June, which is a deal and a half - so we took it and waiting another year lol ! Smiley smile

• Alessia
    Newbie April 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your response. It means a lot!

Did you submit the letter to Peter & Paul?

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alessia,

Yes we asked the question as we were in the same boat as you. Our original date was July 18th which fell through and we then postponed for October 9th 2020 which we are also wanting to cancel. We had a June 18th 2021 date on hold in the event October didn't work, but I then asked if we could just do a refund instead. They did say YES, they mentioned we would have to write a letter to "peter & Pauls" stating why we want the refund ect. & that they would send it for approval. Doesn't mean you would get it 100% but its worth a shot.

We opted to change our date to June 18th 2021 instead, as we just bought a house so we have a "new distraction" for the time being.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alessia, I'm sorry you're going through this. Postponing twice must be tough.

I'm not sure if you've read the numerous news reports of Peter and Pauls denying refunds to other couples. They even refused a $20,000 refund to a children's charity. If I were you, I would read through that contract carefully, see if there is anything about the owner being off the hook for any cancellations (even pandemic ones) and keeping your deposit. If not, that's your leverage. If they refuse to budge, you should contact a lawyer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics