Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Recommendations for wedding ceremonies in Toronto please!

Laura, on February 20, 2018 at 15:07 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Hi my partner and I are from the UK. We want to get married in Toronto. Our wedding party will only be about 25 people. My partner and I want to get married somewhere thats intimate and classy not grand and over the top. I have had a look on line and am practically tying myself in knots. We are planning to come out hopefully in the summer/autumn to have a look around. Any recommendations for spaces to have a wedding ceremony in Toronto/Toronto Islands would be very much appreciated!!!! Thank you very much

7 Comments

Latest activity by Chrissy, on August 8, 2018 at 15:42
  • C
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Chrissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for the quick response! are they having a small sit down reception or a cocktail style reception? we are looking at hosting 60 ppl but not totally sure on the space etc.

• Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Their wedding is in 10 days! I have been the acting wedding coordinator for my brother in-law and have been working very closely with the owner(s) of the venue. They have been absolutely amazing to deal with the entire process. Sandra, one of the owners, is very detail orientated and makes sure that everything is absolutely perfect. She stages and designs the look of everything herself and will work with you to ensure that it is just how you want it to look. They also source vintage antique pieces for the decor to ensure that it matches your overall theme and feel of the wedding. They have recently opened a bed & breakfast in their renovated loft area of the venue that is ideal for use as a bridal suite. I definitely recommend them as a wedding venue. They have also recently just purchased Poplar Hill Equestrian Estate and are booking weddings for 2019 now, if you are looking for more of a country feel yet still elegant.

• C
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Chrissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did they have their wedding? was curious about this venue and could not find many reviews.

• Madge
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Madge ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Heintzman house is beautiful however you’d have to outsource your food and alcohol but last I checked it was $1000 to rent the house for the day! They have tables, chairs, glassware and set up the ceremony area with chairs as well. It’s a nice venue considering you won’t need to meet any minimum costs.
  • Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Laura, my future brother in-law is getting married this summer in a small venue I found for them just outside of Toronto called the Hartman Gallery . It is located in Mount Albert and small hamlet of Stouffville. It is the original structure of an 1800's church that they have redesigned and decorated to be this cute intimate wedding space. The owners of the venue are absolutely amazing people and are so accommodating to whatever your needs/wants are.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Laura! What has made you choose Toronto for your destination wedding? Is Toronto special to you and your partner? To help get you started, here are the listings we have on WeddingWire for wedding venues in Toronto. You can filter down even further by the type of venue you want, like a loft, a park, a hotel etc

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you willing to venture 45 minutes out of the city? If so, I recommend The Doctor’s House. It is so cute, classic, and picturesque.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics