Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Reception Restrictions

Kelly, on July 13, 2020 at 20:24 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Has anyone been in contact with their venues/planners since the announcement today? What restrictions are being put in place for your indoor reception? Are bars/dancing completely off the table? September bride here, I will be speaking to my venue later this week but was curious as to discussions anyone else has had!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Faren, on August 22, 2020 at 21:43
  • F
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Faren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 18,2020 date here- anyone know what the situation with receptions is now that places have moved to stage 3. Can we have dancing?
  • Kailee
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Kailee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Curious what your reception is going to look like? October 17 over here!
  • K
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your feedback Hank. My venue has been working on various different response plans depending on what Stage 3 would look like. I know they’re eager to begin hosting events again as soon as possible, so they wanted to have options ready to align with the restrictions as soon as they could. Though we’re still in Stage 2 at the moment, at least we can have a concrete plan of what is allowed once we do move into Stage 3 in Hamilton. I was just curious what others in this situations have discussed with the venues, as I don’t have any friends still getting married this year so I have no one to bounce ideas off of. All the best with your December wedding!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Considering the announcement took place this afternoon, you'll likely hear more feedback after a few days when venues come up with a response plan.

Also, don't forget that the majority of Ontario is still not in Stage 3, including your region of Hamilton.
    As for dancing, as per the official Ontario announcement, this is listed as a restriction:Dancing at restaurants and bars, other than by performers hired by the establishment following specific requirements.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics