Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tina
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Reception-only venues

Tina, on February 28, 2019 at 22:38 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hi all,

We're doing a destination wedding in June 2020. Obviously not everyone can come so we're going to do a reception in Ottawa when we get home, preferably late June or July. We're looking for a garden party atmosphere where we can do some BBQ, super chill and relaxed, but still very pretty - light strings and lots of trees/bushes. Does anyone know of a venue that might do something like that? We're not interested in a buffet or any kind of formal dinner - more munchies for folks. We'd prefer to not have to spend for full-on catering, but some catering would be fine. Also want a place where we can play music and serve alcohol.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Jamie, on March 31, 2019 at 00:08
  • Jamie
    Newbie April 2020 Hawaii
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am struggling with the same thing right now but in Calgary in August 2020. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tina. Congratulations on your engagement! A destination wedding sounds super exciting! It's a lovely idea to have a reception when you return home, especially for those who can't make it so they don't miss out on the fun!

I did a quick search for you on the WeddingWire Vendor Directory for you:

Wedding Venues Ottawa

You can filter this list down by the type (such as Park Weddings or Restaurant Weddings) and hopefully, some may fit your vision for the reception.

Where is the destination wedding taking place?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only thing that I could find here on Wedding Wire was the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum but I'm not sure about their catering and what-have-you.

Maybe there are some campgrounds nearby or some parks you could get a permit for? (Not sure about the laws in ON)

P.S. Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the WW community!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics