Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Reception

Meggen, on July 21, 2020 at 22:10 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hey brides,

My wedding is September 5th 2020. Right now we are allowed 30% capacity for our ceremony which is great. However my reception is saying that receptions in Ontario is only 10 ppl.

The area we get married in is in stage 3 this Friday, is wedding reception restrictions still at 10 or did it increase to 50 in stage 3.?

Please let me know; hoping to finalize wedding plans soon.

Thanks

3 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 22, 2020 at 12:00
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! Smiley smile

You should be able to have 50. As you said you may have to wait until Friday to "BE SURE" you go into stage 3, maybe that is why they were saying that? Its possible they can't say yes 50 people UNTIL its confirmed because then people could use that against them?

Just a thought - Follow up with them again Friday once its confirmed and say "IF we remain in stage 3 by September are we able to have 50 people"

Let me know how it goes for you! Smiley heart

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oshawa goes to Stage 3 this Friday, where a reception of 50 is allowed, provided the space inside can accommodate 50 with physical distancing.

Not sure what venue you have but keep in mind, the 50 people limit applies to the whole facility, not just the room you're in. If someone else also has your wedding date in the same venue and choose to go through with their celebration, the venue has to consider both your parties to add up to 50 total.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It should have increased to 50 if you’re in a stage 3 area. Maybe because the GTHA gets upgraded to stage 3 this Friday, your vendor may have been confused?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics