Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sammi
Newbie July 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador

Reception

Sammi, on January 27, 2020 at 09:07 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13

I'm sturggling with supper siggestions. Like really struggling. Can anyone toss out suggestions.

Thanks Smiley smile

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kadi, on January 27, 2020 at 20:12
  • Kadi
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Kadi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bahaha. Gotta love roasting dogs lol. No deffonetly not a pug roast. And pig roast haha. Dogs are invited but not for that purpose
  • Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no! Not a pug roast!!!! Sorry... couldn’t help myself lol 😂🐶
  • Kadi
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Kadi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I are doing a camp site wedding so we are doing a BBQ and pug roast. Figured to was a good and easy way to feed everyone. Then of course salads and a patotoe bar.
    I also had a friend who just got married and she had swiss chalet make the food. They said to was cheep. Food wasn't anything special but it was good. Plus they got to keep all their left overseas.
  • E
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Emie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my experience you might want to avoid meals that may become dry or overcooked as catering tends to be cooked/precooked beforehand and kept warm or reheated. We are personally doing chicken, braised beef or veg option. I have a friend who did duck, which was different from chicken but close enough that everyone enjoyed it. If you want something more personalized you could do your favorite meal and/or your fiance's favorite meal. You could also ask the catering company what their best/most popular options are and see if those are options that you might like.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our place has a salad course, pasta course, meat potatoes and vegetable course and because we're having family style there will be chicken and rice as well and of course dessert. For our cocktail hour we are having a massive antipasto as well. I think the antipasto is my favourite part of the night.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would stick to something crowd pleasing, or a variation of a crowd pleaser.
    Most meat options at a buffet are chicken/turkey or beef so if you stick with those there's something for everyone.
    If you're having a more casual reception you could do BBQ (BBQ chicken, pulled pork, brisket, with cold salads and corn bread). Our office has done pasta bars a few times and they're a hit. A few types of noodles a few kinds of sauce with slices of sausage, chicken, or meatballs to add on top.
  • Sammi
    Sammi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. i love hearing the ideas.

• Sammi
    Sammi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My venue doest cater you have to hire your own

• Sammi
    Sammi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a caterier booked. she keeps telling me to give her suggestions but isnt giving me ideas. about 200 people. thinking a sit down supper but looking for something different

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’ll want to pick your venue first to see what your options are. Mine came with a food package so I didn’t even have to consider caterers.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where are you having the reception? How many people? Are you planning on making the food yourself or are you looking for catering options?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well I'm not sure what is out there - but for my wedding we had Danny's Whole Hog BBQ and everybody LOVED it!

We had pulled pork (and sauces) and buns, caesar salad, BBQ chicken, mixed veggies, loaded baked potatoes, and mac & cheese. Then for dessert it was assorted dainties.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you decided on what style of dinner you'll have? Like buffet, sitdown, food stations, etc?

We decided to do food stations of food that we love. So we're having a taco station, a pierogi station, and a BBQ station, where everyone can pick and choose what they want. It also made it easier with allergies, vegetarians, gluten-free, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics