Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen
VIP June 2018 Ontario

Realization is setting in....

Jen, on February 12, 2018 at 14:36 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Invitations were sent just less than 2 weeks ago and people are already sending them back! The more we get in the mail the more I start to freak out and realize how fast this is approaching. My head has been so caught up with work as I just went through a very traumatic experience and have been trying to shake it off. I've been cool as a cucumber for a while now but the anxiety is setting in. It's crazy to think how quickly the engagement has gone by and how soon we get married. I feel like we just got engaged but it's been a year and 4 months already!

We just received an email from our venue to pick out our menu selections for our tasting on the 28th of this month. As I'm typing this I'm emailing her back our choices! I also have my hair trial and dress fitting this month. Eeeekkk! So many things to do!

Anybody else feel like everything is creeping up quickly? We have also been trying to get all of our honeymoon stuff in order, including purchasing the things that we will need for the trip instead of waiting until the last minute.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Surina, on February 15, 2018 at 12:24
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am very excited for you. my ceremony is in 28 days so the nerves are actually starting to set in now. my last dress fitting is on tuesday the 20th the girls from work are having a shower for me on the 24th. and the following saturday my mom arrives. and here i was starting to relax...lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very excited for you!!!

• Jennifer
    Newbie November 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish I was you! I just want the wedding here already! I am so excited to see all of my family and friends in the same room having a great time!

Don't stress. Seriously this happens once in a lifetime! Enjoy it.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hear you and I'm two months after you so we're 6 months out and now people are starting to ask more questions.

I've found the last couple weeks I've been thinking about things like next time this happens (a birthday, holiday, concert we want to go to etc) my mind clicks in to "I will be a married woman". It's exciting and the butterflies pop up just a little.

It's great that you're so organized, definitely seems like you're on top of everything!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found the last month before the wedding to be absolutely insane! My favourite week of being engaged was the week before the wedding. Everything was planned, there was nothing left to worry about and you get to enjoy being really excited and really close to the wedding date! It does feel super fast, though!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! It's crazy. This is my second wedding (the first was a huge mistake... young and dumb) and this time around it feels so different. I was nervous before and wasn't excited but this time around I just want the day to be here!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm the same way but ours isn't until the beginning of June. I still have to take care of some paperwork before we can even apply for our marriage license. That is making me stress a little too.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Time goes so quickly in the last little bit, but it sounds like you have things under control and in order so don't stress too much (or try not to!)

I'm getting married in July and things are just starting to get a little busier.. I'm loving it! But I'm also a little like holy crap.. I'm marrying someone.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is in April, and i keep thinking i'am forgetting something, going over my to do list over and over again, so i hear you. Time is just flying by.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we all start feeling like this at some point. Don't worry! Things may get a little hectic and stressful but you will all be worth it in the end and you will love your day! Just think that all "yes" RSVPs that come in are people showing you how much they love you and are excited for you! As long as you are both married at the end of the day, everything will have been perfect!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics