Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie June 2021 British Columbia

Question/opinions

Jenelle, on January 25, 2020 at 15:41 Posted in British Columbia 0 2
Hey everyone!
So I’m starting to look into everything and slowly plan. I’m having issues with budget as realizing I have no family help. Taking a loan is also not an option. I’m wondering if anyone knows of a place that offers payment plan/assistance to host a wedding. I have no family with property and I live in a town house so kinda not an option. I’m hoping to spend no more than $2000 for location, tables, chairs (just basics to hold a wedding). I have connections with caterers, DJs and photographers. I’m just having issues finding a place I can hold my wedding that won’t cost me an arm or a leg. Unless someone knows we’re a package cheap deal is it w oils be greatly appreciated.

Location to be in the (B.C. Fraser Valley) Preferably.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on June 21, 2020 at 21:19
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are a couple of options the first is in NewWest Queens park centennial lodge you get it for the day for under $1000 includes tables and chairs and full kitchen.The other would be fraserview village community hall in maple ridge.They offer 1 or 3 day rentals include tables and chairs for inside use,stage and dance floor and a full kitchen.This is where we booked and for 3 days in peak season we are paying $1777 includes the ceremony space as well.Question/opinions 1

Question/opinions 2

• Kelsey
    Newbie October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure what the theme of your wedding is, so there's a chance the look of this place may not be for you. My reception was at the clubhouse at Port Coquitlam & District Hunting & Fishing Club. There's an open patch of grass overlooking the city far off and some forest surrounding if you want an outdoor ceremony. Our photos were taken in another open patch with more of a closed wall of trees there.

The hall only costs $500 with a small deposit to hold the place until after your event when you get the deposit back. The only other costs would be liability insurance which isn't expensive at all and if you decide to serve booze then you must get your own liquor license. Also, not expensive.
    You get 4 hours the night before included if you plan on doing setup yourself and as long as there's no event happening there the following morning you also get until noon for cleanup. It's a big space too! There's a bar kitchenette with serving window and a large kitchen as well for your caterers, also with a serving window. We had buffet tables though and kept that window closed.
    If you're okay with antler chandeliers and animal plaques on the walls then this will definitely be a great, affordable place! Pictures attached. I really hope this helps.
    I should also mention they do have tables and chairs there for your use. We had a Celtic/viking theme and rented our tables and benches for the look. So the tables in the photos are a rental outside of the clubhouse. Question/opinions 3Question/opinions 4Question/opinions 5Question/opinions 6Question/opinions 7

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics