Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie August 2024 Alberta

Question on Food/ Dinner

Samantha, on November 9, 2022 at 20:22 Posted in Wedding reception 1 8
Hi there,
My wedding is not until 2024 however I had an idea today and wanted to see if it's tacky or if anyone else has done it, etc. My fiancé and I are love snacks and appetizers and finger foods. Our wedding is going to be small maybe 70 people max. But I was thinking of doing a bunch of appetizer /grazing tables, kinda like buffet style instead of served dinner. Do you think this could work? Is it a good idea? Etc.
Thanks in advance
Question on Food/ Dinner 1

8 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on November 25, 2022 at 11:25
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love that idea Samantha! something unexpected for your guests, just be sure everyone knows perhaps add a note to your invitation????

• Belle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Belle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen a few posts of brides doing more a snack buffet type food option. I think it's great as long as guest know there's no sit-down meal.. and have some hearty options. I had a friend do a mashed potato bar, so had a couple gravy's, some cheese, bacon bits, chili, toppings etc as well as a couple different tables with different types of appies and it was good they did evening wedding so it was perfect to go along with some drinks Smiley smile

in the end it comes down to what you want... people are there for you and your day and most will be happy to be included Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As long as you're serving the appropriate portions during the time set for the reception, I see no problem with it. Whatever choice you make, just be sure you communicate that properly to your guests so they know what to expect.

• P
    Curious September 2023 Alberta
    Pam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think this is such a fun idea! Wedding food is sometimes boring, this is a great change from the norm.
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! I’m a 2023 bride and a wedding coordinator and I see more and more couples wanting a cocktail style wedding dinner rather than a sit down meal. Happy planning!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's a great idea! Just remember it's your wedding day, do what you and your partner want to do!

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome Samantha! Looks like a great idea, if you're able to do it. Changing things up is always is a nice touch!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to Wedding Wire Samantha, Congratulations on your engagement.

That is 100% a great idea! love it. I've been to two weddings where they did not have food served, they had a Tapas style meal and then they had a snack bar like shown in your picture. It's not tacky at all, it's fun and creative.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics