Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Pushy Sales People?

Lah, on June 12, 2020 at 14:57 Posted in Ontario 1 3

Hey everyone,

I started shopping for my wedding dress late last year and oh my.. I went to 3 different shops - the dresses were pretty - but I felt so pressured to buy a dress right there and then because of the Sales Person. Does anybody else get this or is this just my experience?

Wedding bridal shops have opened up again.. So I'm curious if this is normal or if anyone has recommendations on non-pushy stores in the Toronto area. Thanks!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on June 13, 2020 at 12:48
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most bridal shop consultants work for commission, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong for anyone that knows), so I would say it's a pretty common occurrence unfortunately. And especially now when most people haven't been working or earning much money it'll only put more pressure on the consultants to make a sale, which in turn puts pressure on the customer too. So just be prepared for that, and like Genevieve said stand your ground and try not to be swayed just to please someone else.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sucks to hear but maybe its cuz theyre scared theyre gonnna lose their jobs if they dont make some money for the business

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unfortunately pushy sales people can be a reality in some places. As long as you stand your ground, you’ll be able to focus on what you want and not be swayed.
    My FW got her dress from Ferre Sposa on Bloor. They were super nice and accommodating with her, she had an amazing experience.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics