Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Curious July 2022 Alberta

Pushing back 2021 to 2022

Kelsey, on August 5, 2020 at 15:29 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

Hey all! My fiancee and I have our wedding booked for July 24, 2021. Our guest list is around 150 people and we always wanted to have a big-ish wedding.

Right now our venue is limited to 50 people but we are hoping that number will increase by next year. Right now, we are waiting until January to see if restrictions will be lifted. If not, we're going to push back to 2022.

Anyone in a similar situation? Already booked for 2021 but kind of waiting to see if you'll have to postpone?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on August 9, 2020 at 21:07
  • Jessica
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

January seems like a good time to re-evaluate. We're getting hitched July 17th, 2021, with (hopefully) about 100 people. We're going about our planning as usual but will relook at things in the new year. Sending good vibes to all brides!!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

****% all of this!

• L
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Lyndsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We refuse to set a new date until things are more clear. We were supposed to be Sept 19, 2020. Also, since everything is booked up for 2021 we knew we would be waiting until at least 2022.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am hoping next year the limit will be increased and I also hope there will be no more social distancing in place. The masks would be ok, but I hope to have all my guests dancing at my wedding and that's impossible for us with social distancing in place.

That being said my date was in 2020 and i postponed till 2021, so I will make it work as I don't want to wait ANOTHER year.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should wait and see what the new year has to bring. You never know what could happen 6 months from now even.

My wedding was supposed to be this Saturday (August 8th) and we postponed until August 7th 2021 back in May. I really don't want to postpone a second time. I'm hopeful that by next spring/summer we'll be back to somewhat a normal wedding situation.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel this as well! We already moved from Oct ****, and I can't imagine moving it again to 2022. Like others, we will probably just have whatever wedding we can at that point but its a crazy time for sure. I agree with everyone so far, just wait it out until the new year hits and see what happens. Hang in there!

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, we changed from June this year to May 29th next year. We are waiting until Feb to decide if we cancel. We aren't rebooking a second time, if restrictions are still in place we are eloping in my sisters backyard with hopefully the wedding party and parents but maybe just the two of us if a second wave hits. I think waiting for closer to the date is a good idea, less likely to get a fee for changing the date like Hank said.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should wait and see. The venue may charge you a surcharge for switching your wedding date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics