Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Providing alcohol

Brittany, on August 26, 2021 at 12:27 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4
Hey everyone !

I’m just looking for suggestions or approximations with regards to alcohol. The venue we are using is asking us to provide the alcohol, we are having about 50 guests non of which are heavy drinkers. But how many bottles of wine? I have no idea how many bottles of things I need to provide!? Does anyone know!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on August 26, 2021 at 14:33
  • B
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to know ! Thank you Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're providing the alcohol, then you need to get a Special Occasion Permit since the drinks are not under the venue's liquor license (if they even have one). Using the SOP, you can buy from the LCBO and return anything unopened after the wedding. This way you can buy more without being afraid of having too much.

• B
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!! Most of them would be wine drinkers for sure. Just red or white is the unknown lol! But this is helpful!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Providing alcohol 1
    I thought this chart was super helpful when we were originally planning for 50ish guests. It helps to know your guests too, like say you know the majority prefer beer over wine then make sure you have more beer, or if they prefer red wine over white, etc. It'll also help to know when you plan to stop serving alcohol, so keep that in mind too if you're planning to have a longer reception. Also take into account the weather and whether or not you're having an indoor or outdoor reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics