Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Proposal Stories

Tori, on July 29, 2019 at 10:28 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Alright everybody, more and more ladies (and gents) are joining wedding wire everyday and I remember back when I first started here on wedding wire one of the biggest ice breakers was giving the deets! So let's hear them! Give me the info, this is your time to share with the community as much or as little as you want (totally understand if you want to keep this moment between you and your FH/FW).

Who proposed to who?

What item did they propose with – or what was it a verbal exchange? (here's a great opportunity to show off your bling if that was what was used!)

When was it? (Anniversary, birthday, end of school, etc.)

Where were you? (Date night, family function, etc.)

How long have you been together? And How much longer until tying the knot??

7 Comments

Latest activity by Alix, on July 30, 2019 at 13:07
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed to me on my 25th birthday. He wouldn't tell me anything he had planned for my birthday except that he wanted to do a photo shoot (I should mention I'm a photographer and do most of our couple photos) and that the theme was blue (my favourite colour). He then took me to a couple locations in Moose Jaw, SK and we took some photos. I kept wondering if he would go down on one knee right before the timer went off. But he didn't. He then took me to the location where we had our first kiss and told me to switch my camera to video (which was really the give away haha) and he had a speech planned but had trouble making it through because he was tearing up. He then went down on one knee and proposed with a beautiful ring with a blue sapphire.

We had a few hours to ourselves and let it sink in. Then he said he had something else planned. Which ended up being a surprise party with our family and closest friends. We announced our engagement that night.

We had only been dating 9 months. We've now been together for 2 years and have 325 days till we say I Do. Smiley smile

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any excuse to tell the story Smiley laugh

Who? He proposed to me.

What? The ring! I'd been showing him rings I liked and he picked one of them. He ordered it online and actually shipped it to my aunt and uncle's house in Calgary to avoid having it arrive on our doorstep and give away the surprise.

Proposal Stories 1

When? Sept 28, 2018. No particular meaning behind the date. He had been out west for work (hence why he shipped the ring out there) and flew me out to meet him.

Where? Big Beehive lookout over Lake Louise. We drove out and started the hike super early to avoid the crowds so we had the top to ourselves for a good half an hour.

How long? We'd been together about 8 1/2 years and at this time in 423 days I'll be getting either hair or makeup done Smiley smile

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who proposed to who?

He proposed to me, although I had contemplated proposing to him if he had taken any longer!

What item did they propose with? My engagement ring. He had it custom made, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at it.

When was it? It was on our seven-year dating anniversary.

Where were you?

We had gone away for the weekend to Niagara-on-the-lake. We were staying at a beautiful century-home B&B. He was antsy all day trying to decide where he would propose (unbeknownst to me), and he ended up asking me in our room right before we went out to dinner. It was actually the perfect spot because we both hate crowds, so it was just the two of us in that pretty room.

How long have you been together? And How much longer until tying the knot?

We will be getting married in 13 days on our eight-year anniversary. We wanted to keep that date above all other details.

Proposal Stories 2
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think I ever get tired with my proposal story lol - it's physically impossible!

Who: he did, he hid the surprise well too lol

What did they propose with: my engagement ring, which was diamond. Whenever we talked about marriage, I'd tell him I didn't need a diamond ring, but he got me one because in his words "I was worth it".

Proposal Stories 3

When: October 26, 2017. The date itself wasn't significant, but it was 2 weeks after our dating anniversary.

Where: We were on vacation in Miami for our 2 year dating anniversary. We were in Miami for a few days before getting on our cruise ship for a week. I thought he'd propose on the cruise, but he ended up proposing on the first night we were in Miami on the beach!

Proposal Stories 4

We have been together 2 years (and 2 weeks) at the time when he proposed, and our 4 year dating anniversary is this October - we've been together 3 3/4 years now lmao. It's 82 days until we are 1/2 hour until the start of our ceremony!!

Bonus fun fact: I was thinking/planning of proposing to him on the cruise if he hadn't by the last night. I had planned to take a walk with him around the boat at sunset the last night. I was going to get a sailor's knot (they sold them in the gift stores) and say something cheesy like I want to tie the knot with you. But, he beat me to it, as well as took me by surprise by proposing not on the cruise.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Who: He did - We had talked about it a lot so I knew it was coming.. but not that soon!

What: He had "Will You Marry Me" written on the back of my birthday cake. They turned it around and he was on his knees behind me with the ring

When & Where: November 25, 2017 in our kitchen. My birthday was on the 24th, and this was the day of my party. All of our friends were over celebrating. Best birthday present ever is this man asking me to be his forever.

How long: We were only together for a little over a year at this point. But had already lived together for 7 months at this point. The day we get married will be 3 years on the dot.

So pretty close to your timeline for time together Tori! When you know you know.

We already bought our first house together. And not once have I ever thought things were rushed. I loved him more after a month, than the guy I dated for 2 years a while back.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOVE telling all the details lol

Who - He did. 100% shocked it was coming, he hid it so well.

What - A single stone diamond ring. He is a huge Diamond guy. So I basically showed him the style and shape I wanted, and he did everything else on his own!

When & Where- Feb 23, 2018. The date was not significant to us at all. We were on vacation in Cuba with his sister, her husband, and another couple that we have all been friends with. It was the first full day at the resort. We spent all day on the beach, and then everyone wanted to walk to the point at sunset to collect shells. Right when we got to the end of the beach, where its all water behind us he dropped to one knee and I have never been so shocked in my life! I started catching on during out walk, because he kept telling me to walk faster, and he was no longer concerned with collecting shells lol

How- We were together 4 years when he proposed, and we will be almost 6 years (Dec 2019) on our wedding day. 67 Days from now, our photographer will just be arriving to do getting ready pictures with all the ladies Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll start it off!

Who - Me! I proposed to my at the time boyfriend Kael Smiley xd

What - I used bracelets that I bought from a Claire's store... not anything like a diamond ring but I knew that he wouldn't wear something like that anyway so why bother paying the big bucks for something that would sit for almost 2 years???

Proposal Stories 5

When - I chose to propose on December 30th 2017. Nothing too special about this date but since we had already talked about marriage and I wanted to be the one to propose, he assumed I would pick Christmas, New Years Eve/Day, Valentine's Day, or our 1 year anniversary in March. He was wrong. I picked this day because I wanted to be engaged before 2018 but not pick a day that would be obvious to him!

Where - The big question was asked at the Canad Inns Winter Wonderland Light Show Smiley smile

Proposal Stories 6

How - we had been dating for almost 10 months when I proposed and will have been together for a total of 2 years and 7 months at our wedding. As of today we have 68 days 7 hours and 53 minutes until we are standing at the alter Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics