Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious September 2019 Manitoba

Processional Songs

Michelle, on August 4, 2019 at 20:26 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
I’m walking down the aisle to an instrumental version of Can’t Help Falling In Love With You. I’m torn on whether to have the wedding party (2 bridesmaid and 2 groomsmen) walk down the aisle to the same song, or should I choose a different song for them. I’m not sure how it would be if we only had a short time with each song.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on August 11, 2019 at 03:10
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have them walk to a different song, you deserve your own song!
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have two different songs for the wedding party and myself. The wedding party's song will be played for a longer amount of time, since we have such a large party. I don't see an issue with it. pick your other song and listen to the beginnings back-to-back to see if like they way the flow together - that's what I did!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing 2 songs, but it's a different version of the same song. The wedding party is walking down to the instrumental version and I'm walking down to an acoustic cover - so someone singing is the cue that I'm right around the corner.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also chose 2 songs which I wanted yet didn't realize when the walk was a short distance and the song would last that long. Its up to you and have the music stop so you can enter to your song choice or keep it going to the same song.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We don’t have a DJ doing the music for the ceremony. We’re just using iTunes and having a friend work the music. The aisle is fairly short so we were kind of thinking of going with one song for the wedding party and me, but I kept seeing that people were using two different songs.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How long is the isle you are walking down?
    If your isle is fairly long you could get away with 2 songs and you wouldn’t be playing short clips of both.
    If it is shorter I would stick to one, or have your DJ (if you are having one) blend them together
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could definitely do 2 songs just make sure they blend together.. if you have a DJ they should be able to make a good suggestion and cut them both so they flow well.

• M
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We weren’t very traditional haha and we did Best Day of My Life - American Authors
    But we also thought about doing A Thousand Years Instrumental
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can I ask what song you used for the wedding party? I’m at a loss as to what song to use.
  • M
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I walked down the aisle to the same song! I played it just for me and not the wedding party. I wanted it to make the moment special for my entrance and kind of cue everyone to stand up

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics