Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Beginner May 2019 Ontario

Printing- Decor

Jessica, on January 23, 2019 at 11:55 Posted in DIY 0 14

Hi everyone,

I have quite a few signs I will need to print for decor around the venue -- including two large ones for the ceremony/reception entrance which will sit on easels. Do you have any suggestions for where to get these printed? For the easel signs, they won't be in frames so I need good quality cardstock.

I live in Hamilton, Ontario. Staples seems to be the only option I can think of. Any help would be appreciated Smiley smile

14 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on February 17, 2019 at 22:15
  • M
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For all my needs I have found that UPS comes in very expensive compared to others. I use VistaPrint and agree with a lot of folks here that say they're good. Smiley smile

• M
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally recommend VistaPrint. I have been a client of theirs for quite some time. Smiley smile

You can find them here:

VistaPrint Canada

• Leah
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! I highly recommend Ambrotek Printing! They can deliver the signs out to Hamilton and have amazing prices and quality products!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my save the dates printed at Staples. Just make sure the colours are okay. The first round that got printed were far too dark - I had to call my graphic designer and have her lighten them SO MUCH. They looked stupid on my phone screen, but perfect when they were printed. Just something to keep in mind.

Also: There are probably a few small print shops or The Printing House or something. I just did a quick Google search and found like 2o right downtown - check reviews!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about vista print or a kinkos?
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When in doubt I would go with vistaprint. I use them a lot for my business supplies. They’re simple and easy to use and you can make them completely custom. I draw on my IPad and I can upload completely custom designs if I want. They have loads of templates to choose from though and it’s pretty affordable. Look for the discount codes, there’s always a new one, check the main page

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d suggest Vistaprint as well!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My first choice would be a local store, my second would be VistaPrint, and my third would be Etsy.

If none of those work - Staples should do the trick!

(Man, do I miss Kinkos!)

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Staples! You can do a print and mount to a stock called Foam Core which is sturdy and what larger signs are usually printed on for short term use! There you can also select if you want a matte or glossy finish to your paint which can really make things stand out! Just be careful, gloss looks amazing but if you're placing it somewhere with a lot of ceiling lights it can reflect off the gloss finish weird sometimes! I highly recommend Staples! I work at a print shop myself so I'll be printing all my stuff there but if I wasnt doing it myself I would 100% go to staples!
  • B
    Beginner August 2020 Alberta
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vistaprint
  • Jenny
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there any local printing shops? I used to go to Staples and then I found out a few local printing shops near where I live that does a better job than Staples and offers much more materials to print! Try Google-ing it.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did not know vistaprint did foam board!! I'll have to check that out Smiley winking

• Jessica
    Beginner May 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh that’s awesome! Thanks!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard that UPS does printing but I have never even seen a review... but Vista print also does foam board signs that would probably cost anywhere from $25 - $80

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics