Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

Preserve or Pass On?

Sinéad, on December 12, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Just married 0 11

A lot of couples keep mementos from their wedding day that go way beyond their photographs! Is there anything from your wedding day that you are excited to display in your home?

Will you keep the cards from all of your guests wishing you well? Have you thought about preserving your wedding dress or bouquet? Will the top tier of your cake be put in your freezer for your first anniversary?

What will you preserve from your wedding, and what will you be passing on?

Preserve or Pass On? 1

Photo by Arrow Film + Photo in Edmonton, AB

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 20, 2019 at 16:21
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bouquet for sure and we are doing a guest photo so we will keep that as well

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I kept a lot of stuff from our wedding! Our guest book is a live edge piece of wood with signatures.

I kept my bouquet, and our florist gave us an extra boutonniere for my Husband in case he ruined the first one during pictures.

All our cards are in a box, along with all the RSVP's.

I have a full tote of stuff from the Wedding that I will keep for a long time!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm definitely keen on the idea of preserving my bouquet, it's part of the reason I want to have real flowers.

We're only having a two tier cake, so I'm sure there won't be a top tier left to preserve lol

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    FH's mom preserved her dress because she wanted her daughter in laws to at least try it on. Then I asked her if she'd be willing to let me take a piece of the lace from her dress and make a little satchel type thing for my dog to have tied to his collar since he's the ring bearer. She was ecstatic that a part of her dress will be an integral part of the wedding even though it's not the dress itself, she even offered to have the satchel making part taken care of❤️
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on preserving my dress - maybe it can be reused somehow if our future kid(s) get married. Our guest book will also be a shadow box that we'll display in our house but I'm planning on selling almost everything afterwards. Hopefully we can make back some cash.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did save the top tier for our 1st anniversary. Also, picture of us was given for a Christmas gift from a friend to make things simple and easy. This year, I printed pictures to put into frames of our family (both separately) to put show along with the passed away kids (dog and rabbit) along with our current kids (dogs).

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to have a little cake saved for our anniversary, and we will have a poster/canvas guestbook that we can display.

I plan on selling my dress. I'll never wear it again and I'd rather it be enjoyed by another bride.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our guestbook is a bit of canvas that I printed a tree on and we'll have the guests use their thumbprints as the "leaves" and we'll frame it and put it up somewhere. Other than that, I'm thinking of getting my wedding dress dyed after the wedding so I can get more use out of it since it's not a traditional wedding dress and can be worn to more formal events. Then my bouquet is a set of flowers but made from the pages of my favourite book, so easily preservable, just haven't decided if that's something I'll want to display or not.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was originally going to keep my wedding dress - but after lots of consideration I think it's best to try and sell it :/

With that being said - I'm still going to keep my veil and my headband that I wore Smiley smile Oh, and our guest book will be made into a blanket and my bouquet is artificial so we get to keep that as well!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am very sentimental so my knee jerk reaction is usually to keep things. I know that I want to preserve my dress and bouquet and keep them. We'll keep the top tier of our cake if it doesn't need to be cut into to serve people, we won't deny people cake that want it just to keep it to freeze. I'll keep all the cards we get. I already have a card drawer full of cards I've been given over the years.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Almost everything I've bought for wedding I've had in mind to sell after if possible. My mom wants some of the flowers from the wedding for a giant teq cup my kids got her for mother's day (since the flowers will be fake). My best friend wants the giant wine glasses from the candy bar. I can't think of anything I really want to keep. I'm sure I'll find something small to display at home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics