Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vanny
Frequent user July 2021 Ontario

Presentation/Card/Money Box!!!!

Vanny, on March 4, 2020 at 17:09 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

Hey lovelies Smiley smile

My fiance and I are stumped on where to put our money box for the wedding. I know a popular spot is in the front where the receiving table is because that's where everyone signs the guestbook and whatnot, and we trust all of our guests we have invited enough to know they wouldn't try to rob us, but I'm just naturally overly paranoid with things like this. I was thinking to have the money box by us where the stage is or even where the cake is displayed because we are putting the cake on a plinth, and there'll be two more just for decor. Any suggestions?

Thank you !! Smiley heart

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 6, 2020 at 16:57
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can also have someone run into a trunk of someones car then no worries at all!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its not the guests to worry about its staff members or cleaners or anyone really. my cousins placed theirs at the foot of their head table and hid some stuff in front of it

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I just call that a card box 😅 my bad!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m putting our box with the cake just off to the side of our head table.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are keeping our card box at the front because everyone will know where it is. At the beginning of the reception, someone will be standing at the table to stack gifts and such so it will be okay. Afterwards, everything will be moved in the bar until the end of the night when my dad takes everything back to the house.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to keep it at the front table and if you are super concerned about anything maybe you could have some people man the front? Otherwise we just had some people in our wedding party empty it from time to time.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A box usually seen in the receiving line at a wedding where guests put their cards (with money usually inside) for the couple.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looks like you have some good suggestions from others.. would anyone mind explaining what a money box is? 😅
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My plan was near our cake table so that guests could easily see it. I honestly hadn't thought much about theft, our wedding is quite small so hopefully it isn't an issue!
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most weddings I have attended or been in had the box where the guest book was at the end of the receiving line. Basically we had it that the bridesmaids along with the groomsmen would be behind the table, guests come in they congratulate the bride and groom their parents. The bridal party see if they want a shot an Italian cookie or two, they get their seat card and favour they sign the guest book and put the card in the box. Once all the people have arrived the box would go either in the bridal suite that could be locked. If there was no bridal suite one of the parents would put it under the table where they sat during dinner. Then after all the speeches and important dances were done, if they were close enough they would run it home. Sometimes there would be an elderly grandparent who didn’t really dance and they sat there and watched it until the end of the night. You could also ask the venue if they could lock it in their office, usually a manager will be on hand for the event. Putting it up at your table is another option but the chances of you and your bridal party always at the table is highly unlikely as you want to dance and mingle and drink.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re putting our money box with us in the receiving line and then our parents will lock the box in the bridal suite at our venue.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We put our card box on our cake table which was just off to the side of our head table.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics