Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sherisse
Curious September 2022 Ontario

Premarital Counselling

Sherisse, on February 25, 2020 at 15:54 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Hey Brides 💕

Congratulations to all of you, so my fiancé and I are looking into premarital counseling and I was wondering if anyone here is currently going or have already gone ? Did you do it with your pastor or officiant; and what was it like?
We are so excited to take this next step in our lives together and can’t wait to get started

6 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on February 26, 2020 at 09:09
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went through Precana, which is the Catholic premarital counselling. We found it interesting because they spark a lot of conversation. We are very open with each other, so there wasn't much about each other that we didn't already know. Plus they also had conversations about budgeting and living together, but we have lived together for years and we have a monthly budget already. I feel that the others who attended the classes that don't currently live together was able to get more out of the class than we did, but we found it enjoyable either way.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also did the Catholic Church premarital counselling. We did it with the priest who organized it but we grew to like him so he’s actually our priest for our wedding!

It was a once a week class for 7 or 8 weeks - each week had a different topic. There was a book you had to complete with some questions etc. It wasn’t for us but we got what we needed to out of it (ie communication skills!) and it ticked off the box so we could get married!
  • Sherisse
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow! That’s really great! Very throughout 😃
  • Sherisse
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s really nice; we are doing ours with a therapist. It’s a 12 week program: where we are supposed to discuss what marriage means to us and our expectations, positive argument tools etc. I’m excited but nervous; it feels like I’m about to be graded on a test haha 😂😂
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did the catholic marriage classes. not sure if thats what you mean. but if so we signed up for the weekend retreat which is only twice a year. it was saturday and sunday all day at a local church. we had mass, we spoke about all hard topics, finances, cleaning the house, job loss, family planning, in laws, chores, morals, values etc. we did quizzes and workbooks. we also were separated and had to answer tons of questions then got back to each other and had to discuss the things we didnt see eye to eye on. for us it wasnt a big deal at all we own a condo together so we already know who cooks, cleans, grocery etc. and we have been together for years so we already navigated in laws and holidays lol

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were getting married in the church so we had to do marriage classes. It was a 2 day thing so definitely it takes a chunk out of a weekend but honestly it was nice. Though we didnt agree with some of the teachings and views of the church, it was just nice to be together, focus on us, no distractions, talk about things. The course was essentially a bunch of videos on communication, intimacy, faith, etc and after each video they required us to do some couples activities and discuss so it was nice to have that time to talk about things!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics