Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario

Pregnancy and Wedding Dress

Lily, on May 23, 2023 at 10:22 Posted in Before the wedding 0 2

Hi! I just found out that I'm pregnant (it was not planned) over the long weekend. According to my app I am 4 weeks so if this pregnancy sticks then I will be 16/almost 17 weeks when I get married. This is what my dress looks like:

Pregnancy and Wedding Dress 1

I love this dress and I can't imagine getting married in anything else. Has anyone been in this position before lol? I'm wondering if I can simply get it let out a bit since it's not skin tight where my bump would be? I know every baby bump looks different at 16/17 weeks but I'm in a bit of a panic and could use some advice.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on May 24, 2023 at 08:43
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha I just wrote about this because I am in the same exact boat except by the time I get married I'll be 7 months. Talk to your seamstress. For my dress she is going to remove the buttons and make it a corset so that I can play around with it to fit the bump, and instead of hemming the dress she is going to lift it from the waist so, it doesn't cut into my baby bump. Depending on how big you will be they may be able to let some of the dress out.

But I highly recommend speaking to your seamstress she can help.

Congratulations and I am so glad to see another Mama getting married while pregnant Smiley laugh

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lily!

Cannot offer any advice but Congratulations! Smiley heart I'm sure there are some brides on here who have run into the same situation and/or probably not a seamstress out there who has not come across this Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics