Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Pre-wedding parties?

Miav, on August 7, 2019 at 15:31 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

What are the pre-wedding parties (engagement, shower, bachelorette.. etc) have you done/planning for? Where was it held and who hosted? Smiley kiss

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 12, 2019 at 16:35
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not doing an engagement party or shower and my bach is in san fran and he hasnt decided his yet. and ive planned my whole bach already just waiting for the day to come lol !! but rent a condo party room or a community centre or rec room for any events you want to do to keep costs down.

• Lauren
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our engagement party in our own back yard, and we hosted it. We paid for it as well (although my parents bought all the groceries when we went to pick them up). It was just a casual potluck BBQ and it was honestly the BEST day! It was so amazing to be surrounded by so many loved ones and I was just so happy. I would definitely recommend having one.. it's such a good snapshot of all the joy you'll be surrounded with at your actual wedding.

Other than that I have no idea when I'm doing, a bit unsure just like you!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm it having any prewedding parties. I don't think my MOH is in the same boat. If she decides to do something I hope it's small. We are not doing stag and doe since we only have two people in wedding party. I also don't want the stress of trying to put something like that together. I am hoping to have a few (maybe 6) friends stay with with me night before ceremony for a few drinks and food and sleep over.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Engagement - didn't have one, but if we did we would have had a house party hosted by the two of us (at my parent's house)

Wedding Social - at a community centre and it was hosted by me and my FH, of course wedding party and family helped.

Wedding Shower - at a community centre and it's being hosted by my Mom and sister (who is my MOH)

Bachelorette - not sure... it's being hosted by the whole bridal party so they are keeping me in the dark...

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds super fun!! Smiley laugh

• Katherine
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having an engagement open-house style putluck this Saturday - my fiancé and I are hosting, and it is just going to be super casual. Wedding is Aug 31, but we only got engaged this past Easter so the entire timeline is squished 😂 My sister hosted a bridal shower for me and invited all the women on m guest list (so pretty much just my family haha), and my fiancé is still waiting for his best man to organize a bachelor party for him... running out of time!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have an engagement party, or stag and doe.

My Step mom is planning one shower, and my FMIL is planning another one. Both are a week apart, so September is going to be super busy!

My Sister (MOH) has planned my bachelorette the week before the wedding doing a wine tour in NOTL

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents hosted the engagement party- They supplied all of the meat, dinner wear, non alcoholic drinks, we asked everyone to bring a side dish and we supplied the booze and got lawn games.

Bridal shower- my mom and his mom threw it together, however, my mom ended up covering all expenses of it.

Bachorlette- both of my MOH had planned it together and only 2/6 girls in wedding party wanted to be a part of it or even contribute for it. I will be getting them an extra special gift due to this.

Buck and Doe- we paid for it all and organized it as well. Wedding party helped sell tickets.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did an engagement party that was hosted by some close friends of ours. Then we did a stag and doe that we hosted and organized at a local country club. Then we did the bridal shower that my MOH hosted at her place. Then the bachelorette where we headed to Dominican and my husband did his bachelor party downtown Toronto.
    The last thing was the rehearsal dinner which our parents hosted at the venue the night before the wedding 😊
    it was a busy time being engaged!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an engagement party last August - hosted by my parents at their backyard.

My bridal shower/I do bbq is happening in 2 weeks - my mom is planning the shower and my dad (and his dad) are doing the bbq after the shower.

We're also doing the bachelor/bachelorette the week of the wedding - MOH and Bestwoman are planning those.

We're also doing the rehearsal dinner the night before - FH's dad is hosting that at the venue (separate restaurant).

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds fun! Smiley kiss

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are just doing bachelor/bachelorette, and a small legal ceremony lunch before we head to Punta Cana for the actually wedding!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an engagement party which was thrown by my mom in her backyard. My fiance hadn't gotten a chance to meet quite a few of my extended family members prior to us getting engaged so that was the main purpose of the party.

We'll be having a Jack and Jill just over a month from now which we are throwing at a community hall.

Then I'll have a bridal shower organized by my mom and future mother in law. I think it is being held in FH's grandmother's condo party room.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m just having a bridal shower and bachelorette party.

my shower is being held at a golf club in Toronto by my mom. My bachelorette is being planned for niagara on the lake right now, subject to change.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics