Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

Pre-wedding Nerves

Courtney, on January 5, 2018 at 15:34 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

Does anyone else get really nervous (but also excited) for the wedding. I feel like my FH is so calm and cool and collected about everything and here I am internally freaking out!

He keeps telling me he's not nervous cause he knows I'm 'the one' (aw), and I know he's my forever person.. but still!

We both come from VERY difficult divorced parents so not a great shining example of marriages.

Anyone else sort of freaking out thinking this is a HUGE deal?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on January 9, 2018 at 19:31
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding isn't until August and I'm not nervous for that day at all, more like excited but the planning part OMG nervous break down from time to time. My parents and his parents have been together for over 30 years each. My grandparents were almost 50 years for both but unfortunately death played a role in not making 50 years for the other. I before Adam was in an abusive relationship with my daughters father which Adam is definitely not as i would not settle for anything but the best. Sometimes I have doubts with me and why he is marrying me but I know I am marrying the man of my dreams. My only regret is not meeting him sooner. My major worries on the other hand are in the planning. We've been engaged since end of June and still do not have a tent. We still have not decided where to have the wedding as we cannot mutually agree on the "FREE" location (Parents homes). A difficult person on the wedding party is trying my nerves. The planning seems to be going slower than I wish. My FH wants to be a part of everything but unfortunately his work schedule (self-employed) is just crazy. I am hoping to check off more in the next few months but its been difficult. Also both of my parents were or have become ill. My mom will be going for surgery at the end of January and its stressful as it came up unexpectedly a month before Christmas (Kidney Removal) as she may have cancer at least my dad's cancer is in the clear currently. I have had to be extra supportive and extra helpful with them as well. The last year has not been very forgiving. I count my blessings that I still have them both with me. Planning a wedding with life coming at you full blast is challenging.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was planning I would get nervous and excited all the time! I would get nervous that something wouldn't go the way I wanted or that the weather would be awful (it rained Noah's Ark levels of rain the day before the wedding). My husband would just tell me that at the end of the day as long as we are married and happy that is all that matters. I think some level of nervousness is expected as lots of effort and time goes into planning a wedding and there is also so much that is up to chance.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I get very nervous and have a breakdown from time to time but mine is because I've been previously married and divorced and have nightmares about something going terribly wrong. My previous marriage was doomed from the get-go which we both knew but still went through with it because we were young and dumb. I'm scared of messing this one up (I have a lot of personal issues lol) so I freak out while he stays completely calm through all of this. I honestly think it's normal to feel this way every once in a while. It's a huge step in your life!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have spurts of excitement but my planning lately has been on the down low as I stress quite a bit (and have booked 95% of our stuff but the other stuff can't get booked until two months prior). I get nervous when I think of certain tasks but not really anything big in particular. I am super excited though and in some ways just want the wedding to be here already (not sure if that counts lol but that makes me quite anxious).
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wasn't nervous when it came to the day of the wedding. My husband was and felt i had to hold his hand through all the pictures and the day. The photographer and videographer had full control when we started to get ready. I had taken full control.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My parents were also unhappily married and then divorced so I get what you mean though! I never thought I'd be married because of that. Just remember that you're not your parents and you have a great example of what not to do, that's how I see it now
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not at all nervous to be married, I can't wait to be his wife for the rest of my life! The only thing I nervous about bis something happening to my planning or the day of, and just little stuff like that. And having all the attention on me, I'm not a spotlight person at all!
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like it hasn’t totally sunk in for me yet. I get nervous about the planning part and how the actual day will go but so far no nerves about actually being married. Although I’m sure that will come once it gets closer to our date! I feel like that’s normal!
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely! I get nervous about the wedding planning aspects of course but definitely about marriage itself. I also dont have many good examples...his side has plenty but my side is full of unhappily married for life and divorce. I keep thinking 'what am I doing, I don't even know how to be married!' Its definitely a huge deal! Smiley winking I dont have any well thought out answers for you, but you aren't alone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics