Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Expert September 2018 British Columbia

Pre-ceremony

Kim, on February 24, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

We are inviting our guests to arrive for our wedding at 11:30 a.m. and were planning on starting the ceremony at 11:45 (we thought people would know not to be late for a wedding, and we didn't want guests standing around with nothing to do for too long pre-ceremony).

When I ran it by the venue manager, she suggested we give people half an hour and to do the ceremony at 12:00. She said it really sucks when people are late, and this does make sense to me.

My question - what do we do with the people for the half hour wait? Or even longer, as we know many people will show up early expecting the ceremony to be at 11:30. We will be doing cocktails and canapes after the ceremony while guests wait for us to do pictures prior to lunch, but what do we do with them in that lull prior to the ceremony itself?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 28, 2018 at 22:55
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your guests will figure out what to do! They’ll get comfortable and settled in in the 30 minutes.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

People will mingle and socialize and find seats. 30 minutes goes by very fast!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well have a station set up with lemonade and lemon water for our guests as we're doing the half hour early idea as well.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies! Yes, I'm sure they will be fine, thanks!

• Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree, half an hour is not a long time to wait in the time of smart phones, but also guests will mingle with one another.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I usually come early and people just mingle with other guests or they sit on their phones. Half an hour is not a long time, don’t sweat it. They’ll keep themselves occupied.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your reception is in the same place then they can find their seats, look around, sign the guest book, etc.
    There is a bunch of things that people will do

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics