Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie May 2021 Alberta

Postponing Wedding

Michelle, on March 23, 2021 at 10:18 Posted in Alberta 0 9

My venue will not let us postpone our May wedding of 150+ people as they are assuming everything will be open, and are not meeting with us to try and see if we can come to some agreement. Does anyone else have this problem?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Cindy, on March 24, 2021 at 11:06
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For sure frustrating and not professional at all. I completely understand the business aspect of it as well but this is going overboard. I really hope they realize this and work with you on this. Good luck.

• M
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is very frustrating, and the thing is I do understand that they need the business as COVID has taken a toll on many. However this just creates a bad relationship and could cause them from loosing more business in the future. I am mostly nervous that they will make us pay the full sum remaining and or make us have a smaller wedding and we eat the cost on that as well.

If only our venue was as hospitable as yours!

• Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WOW, this is ridiculous. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. There is NO WAY they can do this as there will probably be no way the restrictions will allow for a 150 person wedding. Our venue promised us a 50 person wedding for May 2021 back in November and are looking at all options again a month before our wedding. We are already pretty sure we will be allowed only a 10 person ceremony but we will wait just in case. They have offered us another postponement or cancelation with our money back.

Definitely get a lawyer involved since this is not what you want. The pandemic and the government are what is stopping you. I really hope you can get this worked out with a better outcome.

• M
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! Fingers crossed Smiley smile

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope it works out for you!!
  • M
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is what I have been told to do. I am hoping that maybe there is a chance that they have a heart and are accommodating but we shall see.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats ridiculous because we don't even know when they are going to reevaluate for step 3 again and IMO I don't think it will be anytime soon. Maybe threaten to get a lawyer involved if they won't even have a conversation about our options?
  • M
    Newbie May 2021 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right? We have been trying since February 2021 to speak to them about postponing but they keep declining and even said they wont speak to us till step 3 of our restrictions comes out. They have pushed it to the point that now if we had to cancel we would owe them 75% of the minimum charge.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion, they are crazy to think you will be able to have a 150+ person wedding in 2ish months, when right now you can only have a 10 person max ceremony only! That's super unprofessional of them! They should atleast meet with you and give you options!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics