Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bryana
Newbie June 2021 Alberta

Postponing Invites?

Bryana, on March 31, 2020 at 15:00 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Hi there!

Our wedding date is September 12, 2020. 50% of our guests are from out of province. We were originally going to mail out our invites within the next week or two, but we are wondering if we should wait with all the Covid-19 stuff going on or if we should still send them out as planned? RSVP date isn't until July 15th and we have previously sent out save the dates.

Thank you!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on April 9, 2020 at 16:51
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would mail them out in late may since everyone already has a save the date!

• Bryana
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Bryana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would also wait. It might mean a shorter timeline for people to RSVP, but it will reduce the stress of needing to contact everyone if you do need to postpone or is you need to reduce the guest list to follow any government guidelines on gatherings.

We weren't planning on sending save the dates and now I'm kicking myself because I will need to speak to each of those guests if we need to postpone! Oh well, it's not like anyone saw this year coming.
  • Bernadette
    Newbie August 2020 Nova Scotia
    Bernadette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there, wondered if there is an option to send invites from this site if I find I am not able to through regular mail ? Not sure if receiving mail is an okay thing to do right now so was thinking I might take a pic of my invite and send that out electronically if need be. It's recommended to deal with mail / packages cautiously so may just do it electronically to save people undue stress. My wedding is Aug 29th and am hoping we can still go forward with our original date so have to start thinking about when I will send the invites as we didn't do save the date notices.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Bryana,

Im September 17th and in the same scenario as you.

I decided to wait a bit before I send them out. Basically everyone knows the date of the wedding and has access to our wedding website.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would wait a bit if you've sent out save the dates, especially if the majority of your guests are from out of province.
  • J
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a similar question! Wedding is planned for beginning of July so we should be sending invitations any day. We’ve already sent save the dates. We have a Plan B date picked and are waiting longer to make a decision. So do we go ahead and send out invites for our original date and update people later, or hold off for now?
  • Bryana
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Bryana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would wait then, it's not like they are going to go ahead and book rooms or flights right now during the pandemic right? Assuming everything has passed and we've recovered in time for the wedding I would say to wait till maybe May 15th on the later end?

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! So my wedding date is September 4, and my RSVP is July 4. I was planning on sending my invites out beginning of May. I think things will be quite a bit calmer by then! That gives everyone roughly two months to RSVP. I hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics