Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Grace
Beginner October 2020 Ontario

Postponed June 2020 Wedding

Grace, on April 14, 2020 at 19:35 Posted in WeddingWire 0 8
Hi fellow brides, I hope everyone is staying well. We have decided to postpone our June 6th wedding. We have the option of moving it to October 24, or early spring next year.


We kept the wedding small with 65 guests, who all live in the same province. I am wondering what I should do?!?
Thanks 馃挅

8 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on April 29, 2020 at 10:37
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would also vote for next year spring! It鈥檚 more likely you will be safe, and not have to postpone again.


    There is always that risk that there will be a fall/winter wave that will hit everyone, and while I really hope it鈥檚 not true, there鈥檚 a possibility.
    We had options for fall/winter 2020 but did not want to risk moving it AGAIN also we pushed it to fall 2021.
    Did you end up moving your date? Smiley smile
    • Reply
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is supposed to be October 24, 2020 and we've been trying to stay positive and optimistic but we are pretty sure we're gonna have to postpone it to some time in 2021. We have about 100 guests, 10+ of whom would be flying in from the US, Mexico, and Spain. We're struggling to do it but they need to know asap to change flights and such. Also, and most importantly, my 3 yr old nephew has stage 3 kidney disease so he's very susceptible to literally anything out there, so I would be afraid to go ahead with Oct 24 and risk him getting it or not being there at all out of safety.


    All that is really just to say, if you're gonna postpone, better to do it for far enough out that there's a fighting chance this could be under control. If you're able to wait until June, that would be my recommendation. This is too real and dangerous to not take seriously and your wedding is sooo very special that it deserves to be everything you dream of without covid interfering anymore than it already has. We're with you girl! 鈾ワ笍
    • Reply
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One step keeping ahead is smart. The chances of changing the date may arise if the situation doesn't change by mid summer. Then only talk to the venue and go next spring wedding if you need to postpone. Here is to hoping things go well for you and everyone out there.
    • Reply
  • Kevin
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Kevin
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

    Our wedding is October 24th and we will be postponing it till next year. We only have 60 guests. Even if all this is over by then. People probably still won't be able to relax and enjoy themselves even if they want to come to it. We are moving ours to April and just looking at it like, hey we are getting married in a year and our wedding is almost completely paid for and details mostly sorted out for decor!! Let's enjoy the being engaged for another year and not have to stress about the possibility of rescheduling later!! Good Luck,

    Tanya

    • Reply
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the other ladies. We postponed our 60 guest July wedding to next June. We were initially thinking of doing it in October, but we didn't want to have to postpone a second time. So to save the headache and have a better chance of re-booking all our vendors for next year, it just made more sense.
    • Reply
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have a choice I would recommend next year that way it鈥檚 safer and you鈥檙e taking less of a risk of having to postpone a second tome
    • Reply
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would recommend spring too. Unfortunately it's probably the safer option, and re-postponing would add a lot of stress.


    I really hope I'm wrong, and that October wedding season won't be affected but I think an excess of caution is a good idea right now.
    • Reply
  • Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

    Definitely early spring next year if you can! Smiley heart even if they lift the ban this year, would guests still feel comfortable being in gatherings?

    If you can wait, I would definitely do next spring. I am going to do a legal ceremony on my original date (June) then postpone reception to next summer. We don't live together so we want to get married asap.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics