Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Newbie July 2022 British Columbia

Postpone Vancouver 2021 Wedding

Victoria, on March 21, 2021 at 13:03 Posted in British Columbia 0 3
Hi everyone!
My fiancé and I made the difficult decision this weekend to postpone our August 1st 2021 wedding. I was wondering if any other Vancouver brides have started moving their weddings to 2022/2023 and if you have any advice. Luckily I have a planner but I'm just so afraid my venue won't have any dates left for summer of next year.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on March 21, 2021 at 13:20
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These days having a wedding any day of the week is great! Especially since this pandemic, dates are filling up very fast with people postponing and the recently engaged couples as well picking dates.

I would talk to your venue first and see what dates are available and then talk to your vendors to see if they available for those dates as well. My fiance and I did that and it worked perfectly for a second time (we had done that last year when we postponed our 2020 date). My fiance and I both want the wedding we've been dreaming of since we got engaged in 2017 and if we need to postpone until we can have a somewhat of a "normal" wedding then so be it! We will eventually get married!

Planning has been good. Everything is done it's just a waiting game for us to the big day. Hope your planning has been going well Smiley heart

• Victoria
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Amanda!
    Thanks for responding! Your message is actually really encouraging because my fiancé is Jewish so we can't get married on a Saturday anyways. I'm hoping my venue will have a Sunday open anywhere between May-September and I really really hope we won't end up having to wait until 2023 because we've been engaged since 2019. It's so bittersweet to postpone. Yes it's necessary to get the wedding we truly want but I know when the date rolls around I'll be sad. I hope your planning is going as smooth as possible in these crazy times!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not getting married in Vancouver but Kelowna. My fiance and I have been in talks with our venue and our vendors to see if we are able to move to a new date for summer 2022 if we need to. And they are all available for our new potential date if we need to postpone a second time.

I would personally talk to your venue and your vendors to see what dates are available for 2022 and 2023. When I spoke to our venue 2 weeks ago there were no Saturday dates available May-September 2022. So we had to choose a Sunday date which is fine with us as long as we could have the same venue!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics