Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathy
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Post wedding blues?

Kathy, on July 5, 2022 at 18:46 Posted in Just married 0 7

Hi all!

Was married on June 25th. Had an absolutely beautiful day!! Perfect in all aspects Smiley smile

Just got back from our honeymoon.

I have walked around the whole day feeling down!

I feel a little guilty. Our wedding and honeymoon were everything I had hoped for!

Back to work tomorrow Smiley sad

Has anyone else dealt with or know someone who has dealt with the post wedding blues?

How long does it last lol??

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jamie, on September 19, 2022 at 18:41
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never really experienced the wedding blues. i was so happy that the day was over lol and not at all because of the day. the day was a dream and lovely. it was just a lot of work planning and money put into it and stress. since we had to postpone our wedding once, it was really nice to just be able to move on and start our new lives together Smiley heart

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I understand about the wedding blues. i don't think you are alone. I myself would prefer to say am having wedding blues, but instead, i find my mind on replay of our day and i am constantly beating myself up on why i did not time manage better. I would prefer to be able to say "our wedding was amazing, period" instead i say "our wedding was amazing, but we did not get enough time to dance, i think i missed some poses, daughters dance performance was shortened... We lost track of time during our photos and spent about 20mins just standing there talking waiting on the golf cart to come to drive us to our 2nd spot. because this happened reception started 45mins late, then not sure how before we knew it, dinner ended after 10pm Smiley sad we did not start the dancing until 11pm. to this day i have no idea why Smiley sad we only got a married week and a half ago, we are actually on our honeymoon still as i write this, but this is eating me up inside i think. Just like a lot of you ladies, i been planning for 2yrs. I was so meticulous with everything else but dropped the ball with not designating MOH or Bestman to watch the clock. Everyone is saying what a magical day it was, and i do agree, but right now the bad is taking over the good. hmmm maybe i will actually write a post on this and see what thoughts cross other bride's minds

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm still smiling from my wedding day memories (13 days ago) but it really is hard to believe after all that planning, it's over! Mind you, we still have our honeymoon to look forward to (end of September), and then I will also have probably a year of scrapbooking projects to work on from the journey to the wedding day, the wedding, the honeymoon, and then all the events that happened that I didn't have time to scrapbook because I was wedding planning!

• K
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes true. I’m sure I will get back into the swing soon!
    Thanks for the message 😊
  • K
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww thank you for this! Made me feel better knowing I’m not the only one. I know what you mean though….two years of planning and then cancelling due to Covid twice.
    Feel like I’ve been planning forever!
    My purse is a lot lighter without all my wedding list books lol!I will wait for our photos to come in and work on a photo book.I’m sure everything will feel back to normal again.Thanks for the message 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding blues do feel short. I took a week off from work and went back once seeing the families over the weekend. Returning to work is what we want though it has to happen.
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was married April 29th and I’m not sure about the blues but especially for the first while after returning from the honeymoon, I felt a little lost. Like I would wake up thinking I had to email our coordinator and constantly like I was forgetting something. I would go to open my laptop and realize I didn’t have any wedding work to do! Designing and writing our thank yous kept me busy but now we are done those. We’ve received our wedding photos so now I’m working to design a photo album. It takes a little while to ease back into normal life outside the wedding bubble. I’m so glad wedding stress is behind me and we had a perfect day but it’s a strange feeling not having a million things to do and plan anymore Smiley smile I still feel like I’m catching up on rest from it all! Having those little wedding related tasks after the big day have helped extend that little bubble of joy though! Even popping on here to lend your perspective post-wedding helps a little.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics