Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Curious June 2017 British Columbia

Post dinner dance party invitation wording

Falisha, on January 19, 2017 at 21:26 Posted in Wedding reception 0 2
Hey guys! We have a huge family and a not so huge budget, there for, family comes first and not all our friends will be able to join us for dinner, but I'm making a set of invitations for people to come to the ceremony and to come to the reception venue after the dinner. I know there's a lot of people thinking this is terrible because it makes guests feel unimportant, but I assure you, I've spoken with most of them and they're all more than ok with it. All I'm looking for is some wording to place on the invitation to let people know we want them to come drink and dance with us after the reception dinner. Preferably some cute semi rhymed phrase. Thanks!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Linzer, on January 20, 2017 at 07:23
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just be sure to offer some sort of munchies to those coming for drinking or dancing!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Falisha! I'm so happy you're asking about this! Smiley heart What style of wording are you looking for?

If you want something more casual, you could go for something like:

We're getting married! We would love for you to be part of our celebrations. Join us for an evening of fun: Dance, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at (TIME)

More formal: We are happy to announce our marriage on (DATE), please join us for the wedding dance.

You could specify if there will be some hors d'oeuvres, or cocktails served during the reception.

You should meet Chelsea and ask for her opinion. That's also what she is doing for her reception: Invitation reception only

What type of venue did you book for the reception? Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics