Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Monique
Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan

Positive Post!

Monique, on March 31, 2020 at 12:41 Posted in WeddingWire 0 12

With everything going on, I wanted to start a discussion for everyone to talk about all the positive things with wedding planning decisions that you are especially happy you made! For example:

1. Our backup plan for the wedding is to have 10-15 guests on the original date and the celebration a year later, which I kinda prefer because I love the idea of an intimate wedding and I don’t have to worry about divorced drama with parents because they can both just attend the celebration

2. With pushing the celebration a year back, we can save up more money and get a dog this year!

3. I am so happy I didn’t hire someone to do my hair and makeup because I can always rely on me to do it

4. I am glad I’m doing my dress alterations myself so I don’t have to worry about my seamstress being closed

Share things that you’re happy about!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on April 18, 2020 at 14:49
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It reminds me of the OC, with a darker twist and a treasure hunt. I can't do it justice, the trailer had me interested and the first few minutes had us both hooked.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love this kind of content. Our year-long postponement has allowed us to reallocate a bit of money for some much-needed home improvements, which has been great. Gotta say, a dog is more exciting though!
  • Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that’s so fun, I love Marvel! I’m super excited to see Black Widow when it comes out. Ooo, never heard of that, what’s it about?

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We've been watching all the marvel movies in order! As a bit of a break we just started The Outer Banks on Netflix.
  • Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha thanks! I wasn’t when this whole thing started, but after reevaluating, I’m a lot more hopeful. I know! I’ve wanted a golden retriever for about 2 years now and I’m so excited that we could be getting one in a couple months

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s great! No doubt, a new house is so exciting! And that’s so close too. Yeah, spending more time with family has been great

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That does sound like a great venue! And less stress is always nice. Personally, everything being uncertain and having tons of choices makes things stressful.

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with the dress stress, mine was a sample as well and I feel so bad when I read about brides worrying about their dress arriving on time. Heck yeah to the fresh start! Honestly, I think my FH and I got wrapped up in what other people wanted and I didn’t realize that I didn’t like some of the aspects of our wedding. Yay for being able to spend more time with FHs! What have you been marathoning? Walks are great for getting fresh air, especially with it warming up.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww this is great youre being so positive!! and yay for the dog!!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're happy (sort of ) our bridal shower got postponed because it makes it very likely we'll actually be able to have one!

We close on our house in 45ish days and could not be more excited to start that new chapter of our life!

I've still been working (law firms are essential services apparently!) but reduced hours and days so its nice to have time with my family.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made our final payment for the wedding a couple weeks back. I am so grateful that whatever we decide cost are paid. Our venue is amazing, they are working with everyone and no extra fees will be implied.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a great idea!

1. I'm really glad I bought a sample dress because it would probably be stressing me out waiting for it to arrive around now. 2. I agree with your idea about celebrating later, we're thinking if we have to postpone we will just have an anniversary party instead! Planning a backup plan has been a fresh start on planning and I'm a little more excited again. 3. I'm spending less time on Pinterest planning and more time going for walks with my fiance. Since we're stuck at home several hours a day we've started movie marathons, gone for long walks, and been better at meal planning together. I'm making time to not stare at a screen and it's given us a better chance to catch up and enjoy each other's company.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics