Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Koulla
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Popup wedding experiences

Koulla, on January 23, 2021 at 11:57 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5
Wanted to reach out to any Brides who have had a pop-up wedding in the last year due to Covid. Would love to hear about your experience. We are looking at the Royal Ashburn so any reviews for this one in particular would be very helpful! Any pictures etc would be helpful also.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on January 24, 2021 at 18:29
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You should ask your venue what the options are for just a ceremony and cocktail hour. If you don't want to offer any appetizers or cocktails, you'll have to be mindful of when you have your ceremony. If it's between 11am and 1pm, people will get hungry. Keep in mind that if you're getting married on a Saturday and don't plan not spending much, the venue will obviously prioritize any evening bookings that take place that day and kick you out by a certain time.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't had an Popup Wedding experience to say about. It does sound nice to not have to do anything if the company is doing it all and your guests including yourselves get to enjoy it fully.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did not have a microwedding but I definitely see the appeal of it. I think if we had not booked our wedding for the 100 people we now have to pay for (numbers depending) I would 100% love one. My mother went to one for her friend and said it was one of the nicest weddings she had ever been too. Hopefully you can get some reviews for your place.
  • Koulla
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Koulla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your response. It woukd be a micro wedding experience that we are looking for and just wanted to get some feedback of past experiences.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I assume you mean a micro wedding rather than a popup wedding. Usually popups are organized by a company or agency who picks different spots throughout the year, decorate it, and sells hour long blocks to couples looking for a quickie ceremony and some pictures with a glass of champagne. The agency or company takes care of everything for you, from flowers to decor and photography. They could feel rushed because they have anywhere up to 10 couples going through the space in one day (and I'd imagine they need time to sanitize between each group). They feel like a suped up version of the city hall wedding. Depending on the agency running it, you're usually only allowed 10-20 people to witness the ceremony.

Micro weddings, however, are executed by the venue under your guidance rather than a third party agency and you're in direct control of what takes place (within the restrictions of what the micro wedding package entails). So you can bring in your own flowers and decor and you have to manage your own vendors like photographer and officiant. It's essentially the equivalent to a ceremony and scaled down cocktail hour of a typical wedding held at a major venue like a hotel, golf course, winery but with a smaller guest list and no sit down reception. From what I've seen, micro weddings aren't as rushed because they're not expecting a factory line of wedding couples coming through though you're still expected to finish fairly early in the day in case they sell the space for an evening reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics