Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kevin
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Pop Up weddings?

Kevin, on January 15, 2021 at 20:51 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

Our April 3/21 wedding venue cancelled. Looking at other options. Has anyone booked a wedding with lovely weddings pop up weddings? Any advice? Trying to find another option.

Thank you

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2021 at 12:54
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Community hall may be a suggestion that can work for your ideal small guest list and be enough to have your celebrations. The price may be less expensive to a full hall and catering can fit your budget. Its something to look into your area and know what your getting for the price. Rentals may be your way to go for linens and chinaware/glasses, décor and more.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly if we had not booked everything pre-covid I think I would love to go the pop up wedding route. My venue is actually offering a microwedding rather than pop up. They have two options. One up to 24 people and one with up to 50 people. It is just a couple hours out of a day but your officiant, photographer, all decorations plus a something to eat (crepes and fruit and some other small food items) and champagne. I think even having 50 people was less than $4000 with taxes. Quite a few of the local wineries in our area are also doing them. A much nicer option (IMO) than heading to city hall.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For that small of a number, I suggest going the restaurant route. You can go fine dining if you want to splurge, which would cost around the same for a hall anyway but waaaaaaay better food. Or you can go to your favourite spot like a local steakhouse, resto-pub or family restaurant. If buying out the place is out of your budget, try one with private dining rooms. Hopefully when things get better, they'll allow more than 10 people to eat inside. Good luck!

• Kevin
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Kevin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Hank,

This was the second postponement for our wedding. That place has decided no longer to do weddings. We will be getting all our money refunded which is a great thing. Not set on the date so much anymore. Just looking for a small venue to house 20-40 pending on restrictions, that doesn't cost a ton of money.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear that, Kevin. Did they not offer a postponement to you? At least with them bowing out, they'll refund you the money as opposed to you trying to get it back from them.

Most pop-up weddings run on a set schedule, not one where you can book whenever you want. I don't know of any in London but there's a few in Toronto. They typically rent the venue, decorate it once and have a bunch of weddings run through in one day. Not sure how many you were originally envisioning on attending your wedding but pop ups usually accommodate a max of 20 people. You get light refreshments and pastries but no full meal options.

Are you set on sticking to your April 3, 2021 date or are you willing to entertain other dates? With the current provincial lock down, I doubt most organizers will put something on in the near future.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics