Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

Poll: What is your catering style?

Sinéad, on November 27, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Saved

Have you decided what your catering style is, or are you still weighing up your options? There are lots of styles to choose from - a plated dinner, a buffet, family-style, food trucks, and the list goes on!!

What type of food are you serving and how are you serving it?

What is the catering style for your wedding?

📸:

A: Hart House Restaurant in Burnaby, BC

B: Brock House Restaurant in Vancouver, BC

C: Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing in Gold Bridge, BC

D: Dyment's Farm (Glen Drummond) in Dundas, ON

60%

24 votes

33%

13 votes

3%

1 vote

3%

1 vote

15 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on November 30, 2019 at 08:16
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mostly Buffet. There will be a couple little exceptions, which are plated to accommodate allergies and avoid cross-contamination of food for said allergies.

I know from attending a previous wedding and talking to the event coordinator that the venue/catering is willing to do a mini-kids menu of three kid-friendly options for the kids to pick from. Might do that as kids can be picky eaters.

• Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Buffet cuz everyone gets as much food as they want Smiley smile and food makes people happy

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a plated dinner

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like plated dinners theyre so nice and elegant when having a formal wedding!!! plus i hate the long buffet lines when im starving!

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We prefer a plated dinner, as we are going for a bit more of an elegant feel to our wedding.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Going with family style. Too many older people that I don't want to have to try to balance a walker and a plate but more variety and I don't have to have an exact seating cart it can be by table and everyone find their own seat at it.
  • Kelsey
    Curious July 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Buffet all the way! Even if it's less fancy, I like that everyone gets to build their own plate. People with dietary restrictions can easily avoid things, and picky children can just load up on chicken and potatoes. It's good for portion size too. Someone who wants seconds and thirds can help themselves, and someone who wants a small portion doesn't have to feel awkward about leaving half a plated dinner uneaten.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a plated dinner - it adds a more elegant feel to things! Plus my mom veto'd buffets. I also have the worst luck with buffet table calling. (Usually the last table, one time our table was forgotten and the MC started calling tables for 2nds while our table hadn't even had 1sts. We just went up at that point).

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't doing a traditional meal. Our reception will be later in the evening with light appetizers and cake.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a plated dinner! FH and I are ALL about the food and it being high quality food. While buffets are generally good, I find they are not as good as plated dinners. Our venue we choose is known for their culinary skills so I feel confident in our plated dinner choice.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Going with plated. I find it a little more elegant. Also the buffet at our venue is more expensive sooo...

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a plated dinner with 4 courses; soup, salad, main and dessert.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted a plated dinner because our venue has such fantastic food! We wanted to mimic our experiences in their restaurant as much as possible.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Plated dinner for us!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing plated dinner, but that was not what we had in mind at first. We originally wanted a food truck but our venue has stairs so we didn't want people to have to go up and down them with food/drinks in their hands and risk getting hurt. Then we were thinking buffet style that way there would be more choices for guests, but then my grandpa was not having it and he's the one that's paying for catering, so...lol. So we settled on not complicating things and just doing the seated dinner, which is nice and structured which I think I'll be grateful for in the end.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics