Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie October 2024 Ontario

Please help! How do i respectfully remove bridesmaid?

k_4i_04, on January 16, 2024 at 17:32 Posted in Before the wedding 1 3

Hi all,

I was not sure if this was the right forum to post this in but I need help from members with outside perspective. I am a very anxious and non-confrontational person, but I have recently had to face the decision of removing one of my bridesmaids. I spent a lot of time trying to convince myself it was okay and that I could tolerate it. I know that doing this will hurt her feelings and ultimately end the friendship. I know that this is a very sensitive topic, but any opinion or insight that someone could provide as to the best way to have this conversation with her would really help.

A little back story is we have been friends for quite some time, and we are both in the same friend circle. After asking her to join my bridal party as a bridesmaid, it soon came out that she had created some pretty nasty drama that resulted in myself and a lot of our friends getting hurt. While we all confronted her on it, she lied to me and hid things that later came to light again. After taking the time to work through it with her, the remainder of what she did was put into the open and when I found out she had initially lied to me it caused us all a lot more hurt and I became very distrusting of her word.

I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I continued to let it go despite how I was feeling hoping that maybe she would make an honest effort to work through it. We barely speak anymore, it is now just a text here and a response 4 days later. I know that this is going to hurt her, and I know that I just have to bare that - but I want to still be as respectful as I can while explaining to her that she is causing me more stress during this time than she is taking away.

If I can provide any information that might help you offer more detailed advice, then please let me know. I am just not sure how much/how little to post.

I hope all of this made sense, and I thank you for taking the time to not only read this but for taking the time to provide your input as well.

- K

3 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on April 10, 2024 at 14:42
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Agree, stand up for yourself and be truthful - you can't be regretful of that but if you don't and have her apart of your day just because you feel bad, I think that is definitely worse. Wishing you luck! Smiley heart

• Ashley
    Featured November 2025 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Amanda. Im so sorry you are going through this, but you definitely do not want someone you do not trust up at the alter with you. I would maybe ask her to grab lunch or coffee one day. Doing it in person would most likely help with the blow. If she refuses to meet with you, maybe just give her a call. But i would probably say something along the lines of - "Hey, I'm really sorry, but I would like you to step down from my bridal party. Due to everything that has happened, I do not wish to have you in my bridal party anymore. I am very sorry, but it's for the best for my mental sanity leading up to and including my special day."

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just be upfront with her and be honest. There's no point in beating around the bush about a situation like this. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this and having to deal with a situation like this around your wedding planning.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics